Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

My iPhone 5s doesn't show up in iTunes.

FaZeDahl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 12, 2012
Skaraborg, Sweden
Hey, I want to update my iPhone 5s running 8.1.1 to 8.4 but it just doesn't show up in iTunes. I have tried almost everything and I really don't know what the problem is. Other iPhones shows up as normal on the same computer.

Any ideas?

EDIT: My iPhone is jailbroken if that matters.

c55

macrumors regular
May 3, 2015
Mac or pc? Is it mounting to the computer?

Comment

c55

macrumors regular
May 3, 2015
from reddit:

Go to control panel
-Go to Hardware and Sound; Devices and Printers; Device Manager; Portable Devices (look for "Apple iPhone")
-Right-click, then select properties on the menu list.
-Under the "Driver" tab menu, confirm the update driver button is not greyed out.
-If the update driver button is grey and unselectable, you need to select and click "Change Settings" button located near the lower left corner.
-Now you can click the "Driver" tab menu near the top, so you can see the "Update Driver" button.
-Select "Update Driver".
-Select and click "Browse my computer for driver software".
-For Windows 8.1 64 bit, it should be located in the folder: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers.
-Click Next, and let the driver re-install

Comment

FaZeDahl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 12, 2012
Skaraborg, Sweden
from reddit:

Go to control panel
-Go to Hardware and Sound; Devices and Printers; Device Manager; Portable Devices (look for "Apple iPhone")
-Right-click, then select properties on the menu list.
-Under the "Driver" tab menu, confirm the update driver button is not greyed out.
-If the update driver button is grey and unselectable, you need to select and click "Change Settings" button located near the lower left corner.
-Now you can click the "Driver" tab menu near the top, so you can see the "Update Driver" button.
-Select "Update Driver".
-Select and click "Browse my computer for driver software".
-For Windows 8.1 64 bit, it should be located in the folder: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers.
-Click Next, and let the driver re-install
Still nothing :(

Comment

david91

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2015
Thanks a lot for the information C55, I'm having the same problem too ie no itunes, cant connect to email server or vpn. Tried your troubleshooting technique/guide and it worked well fro me.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.