My iPhone 5s doesn't show up in iTunes.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by FaZeDahl, Jul 3, 2015.

1. FaZeDahl macrumors newbie

Hey, I want to update my iPhone 5s running 8.1.1 to 8.4 but it just doesn't show up in iTunes. I have tried almost everything and I really don't know what the problem is. Other iPhones shows up as normal on the same computer.

Any ideas?

EDIT: My iPhone is jailbroken if that matters.

2. c55 macrumors regular

c55

3. FaZeDahl thread starter macrumors newbie

PC. Yes, it is charging and I can import the photos on it etc.

4. c55 macrumors regular

c55

from reddit:

Go to control panel
    -Go to Hardware and Sound; Devices and Printers; Device Manager; Portable Devices (look for "Apple iPhone")
    -Right-click, then select properties on the menu list.
    -Under the "Driver" tab menu, confirm the update driver button is not greyed out.
    -If the update driver button is grey and unselectable, you need to select and click "Change Settings" button located near the lower left corner.
    -Now you can click the "Driver" tab menu near the top, so you can see the "Update Driver" button.
    -Select "Update Driver".
    -Select and click "Browse my computer for driver software".
    -For Windows 8.1 64 bit, it should be located in the folder: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers.
    -Click Next, and let the driver re-install

5. FaZeDahl thread starter macrumors newbie

Still nothing :(

6. david91 macrumors regular

Thanks a lot for the information C55, I'm having the same problem too ie no itunes, cant connect to email server or vpn. Tried your troubleshooting technique/guide and it worked well fro me.