My iPhone 5S is BENT after 3 Months!

coolio93

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2013
Houston, TX
Ok just for lolz.

BTW: Do any of you know how I can get it replaced? Apple Store always asks me to show them the issue but I doubt they'll replace it since it's bent.
When I went to the apple store this last weekend, I asked the genius I was working with if she had seen any bent iPhone 6's. She told me no but she also mentioned that if any were to come in, then they would be replaced under warranty as long as there was no physical damage. (indicating a drop or something of that sort)

YungMoola94

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 18, 2010
When I went to the apple store this last weekend, I asked the genius I was working with if she had seen any bent iPhone 6's. She told me no but she also mentioned that if any were to come in, then they would be replaced under warranty as long as there was no physical damage. (indicating a drop or something of that sort)
So do you think I should give Apple Store a shot? The phone wasn't dropped or damaged.

----------

Yeah, make an appointment at the Apple store and pay the genius $269 for an OOW replacement.

You are correct. And quit sitting on your phone in your back pocket!
Thanks for your input but it's not very helpful. I shouldn't have to pay OOP for a DEFECTIVE phone.

Hal~9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2014
Thanks for your input but it's not very helpful. I shouldn't have to pay OOP for a DEFECTIVE phone.
Defective? Riiiiiiight... :rolleyes:

You sat on your phone when you shouldn't have and damaged it, that is not a defect.

ttmrn

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2014
tx
how it got bent is one question..
why on earth u'd buy the 5S 3mths ago is another.

but im not here to judge.. i was just highlighting it out.

Gincoma

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2013
The only way your phone bends on its own is if you gave it to David Blane, other then that you bent it some how some way unintentionally therefore you have to pay.

teamjaycub

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2011
This happened to my 5s and I had it replaced free of charge. I've looked into this, and it's a know defect. Something like the battery expands causing this. The bend is usually right by the volume rockers

Hal~9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2014
Geez calm down guys it wasn't sat on. It happened over time.
If I was the Apple genius you see and you told me that ^ this is how I would react:

Metal phones don't just magically bend without some serious force applied (i.e. sitting).

700-Grizz

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2010
ALASKA
Such BS--these phones don't bend on their own--You and everyone else that has a bent phone did it themselves--Period, end of story!!! --- was it bent when you bought the phone? Just what I thought NO!!!

I have had every Iphone since 2007 when the first one was sold--I have NEVER bent an iphone!! I Now have a Iphone 6+, And guess what its not bent

JWorld127

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2013
dude what the hell happened to your silent switch???? thats three months of use???

coolio93

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2013
Houston, TX
So do you think I should give Apple Store a shot? The phone wasn't dropped or damaged.

----------

Yes. Go to the apple store. Despite what people say, some iPhones (5S and 5 included) do have structural defects that cause them to bend during charging. Its never happened to me but I've witnessed it with a friend of mine.

Yes, some ppl do sit on their phones and try to make phony warranty claims....but some iPhones do have this problem.

Take it in to the apple store - the genius there can decide what to do next. But be prepared to pay OOW costs if the genius determines it wasn't a structural defect in the phone.

YungMoola94

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 18, 2010
Such BS--these phones don't bend on their own--You and everyone else that has a bent phone did it themselves--Period, end of story!!! --- was it bent when you bought the phone? Just what I thought NO!!!

I have had every Iphone since 2007 when the first one was sold--I have NEVER bent an iphone!! I Now have a Iphone 6+, And guess what its not bent
Dude calm down. Not every batch is perfect. Some have defects. That's for any phone not just iPhones.

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008

Yup. Same here. I've owned every iPhone since launch, too.

I had 2 different iPhone 4 models (black and launch and white when it was finally released). I even HANDED THEM DOWN TO MY KIDS.

None of them has ever been bent.

EVER.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Take it into Apple and see what they say. Worst they can say is "no". They will certainly be more polite about it than the MR lurkers lol.