My iPhone 5s survives a 10storey fall

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mertaroid, Apr 15, 2014.

1. mertaroid, Apr 15, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2014

mertaroid macrumors newbie

Just could not contain my amazement. I had to share it with all iPhone fans :)

The other night at work, while I entered the lift and pressing my floor, my iPhone slipped out of my hand, and in one motion slipped through between the lift gap as the doors were closing. I had no time to either catch or impede the phone.. So my iPhone just went into darkness and disappeared..

The other point i would make is that i use one of the wallet covers, so my license, cash and all my cards were part of the disappearing act.. :(

Immediately called the facilities, and they assured me they would look into it first thing in the morning..

Got an email in the morning that things were in progress and the lift operator would access the shaft and recover the phone and my wallet for that matter..

By midday the guys had recovered it.. and to the amazement of them, me, and whole office it was still in working order.. We had to push the front and back covers a little to put it back in to place.. But all in all, with few scratches, a bit of a banana shape.. seems to have survived and kicking along.. :)

AMAZING!!!!!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/96338501@N04/sets/72157644033002345/

2. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

You got lucky! Imagine if you had an otterbox. :p

3. Charadis macrumors 6502a

4. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Thank all those sewer rats for infesting amongst all the garbage below that elevator shaft.

5. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

Wow, that's incredible. Sure, it's bent and dented, but the screen doesn't have a single crack.

6. IpadSC400 macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

and to think if it had a 6 inch screen like a widescreen TV, (or a Samsung Mega) you wouldnt even be able to recognize it...............

7. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

Wow. I was expecting to see a smashed iPhone with the screen shattered and only like four pixels working.

8. Retired Cat macrumors 65816

Amazing that the screen doesn't have even a single crack! Even with a case I would not have expected this outcome from a multi-story fall.

I am impressed.

9. mjschabow macrumors 65816

A rapper survived a 2 story fall after cutting his penis off.

Good week for jumpers for sure.

10. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

11. christarp macrumors 6502

christarp

I actually had my iphone survive a 300 foot drop down a mountain with only the apple case on it. It was inside my friend's saddle bag on his ATV when halfway down the mountain he caught a rock and it toppled end over end all the way down the mountain. The atv had a ton of damage and I for sure thought my phone bouncing around in a saddle bag (which also bounces around since its only attached at one point on the quad) would for sure be broken to bits. Was quite surprised that it came out unscathed!

In case you're all wondering the damage to the quad is as follows: Bent wheels, popped 2 tires, bent steering column, bent handle bars all the way down into the side of the saddle bag, broke all the lights, broke plastics, broke throttle, broke all electrical switches on the handle bars, broken rear brakes. Definitely had to tow him back to camp.

12. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Yeah, I dropped one down an elevator as well. Also survived the fall (as it was still usable), but the front was popping out of the case. Decided to replace it under AppleCare+ however.

13. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

Im going to guess that the only reason it survived is because of the case.

14. SolarShane, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2014

SolarShane macrumors 6502

Amazed that the SIM card survived the bend. If this had been any other device, it would have been doomed. (Maybe except the HTC One's)