My iPhone 6 came bent

Raftysworld

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 28, 2011
Hey all, the other day i dropped and shattered the screen of my iPhone 6 (long story) but today i notice that it also is BENT. I'm positive the drop didn't cause this... I know i have to pay to have the screen replaced but if i can prove the phone came bent I shouldn't have to right?

jpeg42

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
Orygun
That's going to be a hard sell for sure. Do you have Applecare?

Brace yourself for the responses here.....

Mildredop

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2013
Hey all, the other day i dropped and shattered the screen of my iPhone 6 (long story) but today i notice that it also is BENT. I'm positive the drop didn't cause this... I know i have to pay to have the screen replaced but if i can prove the phone came bent I shouldn't have to right?
I reckon you'll just have to suck it up. I don't think it's unreasonable for Apple to question when the phone was bent.

Shame though that you didn't notice the bend before the drop. I wonder if the bend will affect the replacement of the screen?

Raftysworld

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 28, 2011
That's going to be a hard sell for sure. Do you have Applecare?

Brace yourself for the responses here.....
No AppleCare... its never worth it to pay for insurance or else Apple wouldnt offer it.

As for everyone making troll responses by saying i bent it on purpose... :rolleyes:

Roland Deschain

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2014
No AppleCare... its never worth it to pay for insurance or else Apple wouldnt offer it.
While I agree with you for the populace as a whole, there are specific instances when it is worth paying for insurance. For example, we have 8 iPhones on our family share. Only one of those has insurance through AT&T: the one in the hands of my 18 year old nephew. He tends to be accident prone and not yet fully responsible, so his parents wisely added the insurance. He got the phone for Christmas. By March he was on his fourth phone, having shattered the screen on the first, having the 2nd stolen, and having gotten into a canoe with the third and, shockingly, getting it wet. Conan the Destroyer was going through a 32GB iPhone 5 each month in early 2013!

He used up all the AT&T insurance about the same time he figured out he needed to take care of his stuff, so no more losses. But in that case, insurance (first carrier, then AppleCare) was most definitely worth it.

Clockwize

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2014
Minnesota
Here's my thought. The screen on the iPhone is similar to that on an automobile. It actually gives it structural support. One that screen was broken the phone frame is probably much easier to bend. Anyway sorry to hear about your misfortune. Good luck

rmhop81

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2005
Dallas, TX

As for everyone making troll responses by saying i bent it on purpose... :rolleyes:
it's never worth it until you need to use it....which is something you probably wish you had right about now!

indychris

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2010
Fort Wayne, IN
How are you planning to go about *proving* that the phone was bent before you dropped it?

fs454

macrumors 68000
Dec 7, 2007
Los Angeles / Boston
There is no way the phone came bent AND you shattered it in a drop. You're out of luck, end of story.

The phones don't bend unless insane force is applied on them - you dropped it, there's your force. You are just trying to capitalize on an overblown spectacle.

powerstrokin

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013
Perhaps it got bent when you dropped it and shattered the screen? :rolleyes:;)

:apple:
He's positive that's not what bent it. I have no reason to doubt what he said.

These phones are total junk, the air pressure created by the Chinese assembly line worker putting the super tight lid on the box probably bent this bible paper thin piece of crap iPhone and OP was unlucky enough to get that one.

Sue someone, OP. I don't care who. Sue them. This is ridiculous! Apple has so much money, they should make this right. Hell even if it WAS your fault it bent, who cares...they're rich. Sue them. I hope you win buddy. I got your back.

----------

How are you planning to go about *proving* that the phone was bent before you dropped it? Image
He has a time machine.

Gincoma

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2013
you bent it end of story....how can you possibly think Apple will believe you when its shattered. Not even OJs lawyer can get by that one

indychris

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2010
Fort Wayne, IN
you bent it end of story....how can you possibly think Apple will believe you when its shattered. Not even OJs lawyer can get by that one
Maybe he can buy a leather 6+ case, show the folks at the Apple Store that it doesn't fit his phone, and convince them that it means he couldn't be the one who dropped it...

kovey

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2011
This is hilariously bogus. Had this 9-people-bend-issue not been all over the interwebz, there would be 0 chance this thought would have ever come into your small mind.

You make it sound like you opened the box and it was bent, when this is obviously false. You're trying to claim there was some "defect" when clearly you destroyed the phone on your own, tried to bend it, and are trying to get it replaced for nothing.

I seriously hope they flag you as a trouble customer and refuse you any type of service, if any such list exists. If it doesn't exist, it should.

shabanggg

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2014
Your phone did not arrive BENT bruh...YOU BENT either in your pockets or you bent it when you dropped your phone...touch luck..it's your fault 100%.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.