My iPhone 6 came bent

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Raftysworld, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Raftysworld macrumors 6502

Hey all, the other day i dropped and shattered the screen of my iPhone 6 (long story) but today i notice that it also is BENT. I'm positive the drop didn't cause this... I know i have to pay to have the screen replaced but if i can prove the phone came bent I shouldn't have to right?

2. jpeg42 macrumors 6502a

jpeg42

That's going to be a hard sell for sure. Do you have Applecare?

Brace yourself for the responses here.....

3. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

Yeah you are going to have a hard time convincing them the bend wasn't caused by the drop.

4. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

So... Did you bend it after you broke it to get out of paying for the repair?

5. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

Perhaps it got bent when you dropped it and shattered the screen? :rolleyes:;)

:apple:

6. Mildredop macrumors 68020

I reckon you'll just have to suck it up. I don't think it's unreasonable for Apple to question when the phone was bent.

Shame though that you didn't notice the bend before the drop. I wonder if the bend will affect the replacement of the screen?

7. Raftysworld thread starter macrumors 6502

No AppleCare... its never worth it to pay for insurance or else Apple wouldnt offer it.

As for everyone making troll responses by saying i bent it on purpose... :rolleyes:

8. hasanahmad macrumors 65816

You didnt bend it on purpose I know but the drop did

9. Snot Rox macrumors 6502

Snot Rox

Unless you can legitimately prove the bend wasn't the cause from the drop, I think you'll pretty much have to eat the cost.

10. hasanahmad macrumors 65816

yes pay $79.

11. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

He doesn't have AppleCare, so he's screwed.

12. hasanahmad macrumors 65816

you can still get squaretrade up to 30 days from release of phone.

13. Roland Deschain macrumors member

While I agree with you for the populace as a whole, there are specific instances when it is worth paying for insurance. For example, we have 8 iPhones on our family share. Only one of those has insurance through AT&T: the one in the hands of my 18 year old nephew. He tends to be accident prone and not yet fully responsible, so his parents wisely added the insurance. He got the phone for Christmas. By March he was on his fourth phone, having shattered the screen on the first, having the 2nd stolen, and having gotten into a canoe with the third and, shockingly, getting it wet. Conan the Destroyer was going through a 32GB iPhone 5 each month in early 2013!

He used up all the AT&T insurance about the same time he figured out he needed to take care of his stuff, so no more losses. But in that case, insurance (first carrier, then AppleCare) was most definitely worth it.

14. Clockwize macrumors newbie

Here's my thought. The screen on the iPhone is similar to that on an automobile. It actually gives it structural support. One that screen was broken the phone frame is probably much easier to bend. Anyway sorry to hear about your misfortune. Good luck

15. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

I'm curious even if it was bent before, why would apple replace it now that you did the screen damage?

16. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

it's never worth it until you need to use it....which is something you probably wish you had right about now!

17. indychris macrumors 6502

indychris

How are you planning to go about *proving* that the phone was bent before you dropped it? [​IMG]

18. fs454 macrumors 65816

There is no way the phone came bent AND you shattered it in a drop. You're out of luck, end of story.

The phones don't bend unless insane force is applied on them - you dropped it, there's your force. You are just trying to capitalize on an overblown spectacle.

19. powerstrokin macrumors 6502a

powerstrokin

He's positive that's not what bent it. I have no reason to doubt what he said.

These phones are total junk, the air pressure created by the Chinese assembly line worker putting the super tight lid on the box probably bent this bible paper thin piece of crap iPhone and OP was unlucky enough to get that one.

Sue someone, OP. I don't care who. Sue them. This is ridiculous! Apple has so much money, they should make this right. Hell even if it WAS your fault it bent, who cares...they're rich. Sue them. I hope you win buddy. I got your back.

----------

He has a time machine.

20. Gincoma macrumors 6502

you bent it end of story....how can you possibly think Apple will believe you when its shattered. Not even OJs lawyer can get by that one

21. indychris macrumors 6502

indychris

Maybe he can buy a leather 6+ case, show the folks at the Apple Store that it doesn't fit his phone, and convince them that it means he couldn't be the one who dropped it... [​IMG]

22. kovey macrumors 6502a

This is hilariously bogus. Had this 9-people-bend-issue not been all over the interwebz, there would be 0 chance this thought would have ever come into your small mind.

You make it sound like you opened the box and it was bent, when this is obviously false. You're trying to claim there was some "defect" when clearly you destroyed the phone on your own, tried to bend it, and are trying to get it replaced for nothing.

I seriously hope they flag you as a trouble customer and refuse you any type of service, if any such list exists. If it doesn't exist, it should.

23. shabanggg macrumors member

Your phone did not arrive BENT bruh...YOU BENT either in your pockets or you bent it when you dropped your phone...touch luck..it's your fault 100%.