My iPhone 6+ dropped off the bed

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Greenone, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Greenone, Sep 30, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2014

Greenone macrumors 6502

...and it survived. :) The bed's pretty high up and it fell onto the maple floor. I can't remember how it fell (how it hit the floor) cause my mind went numb while it was happening.

I just thought you'd like a bit of good news, although true it's not as if it happened outside on concrete or anything.

It's in one of those clear plastic Spigen "air cushion" cases (pretty slim) and also has an adhesive Verizon brand glass screen protector (made of glass of some sort).

That is all. I hope that doesn't happen again anytime soon. :roll eyes:

oh and p.s. both yesterday and today I walked through grocery stores with phone in rear pocket. I took it out when I sat down in the car. No signs of anything wrong as of yet. It was a little bit tight but not super tight and of course the phone stuck up out of the top which didn't bother me cause I could tell it was down deep enough not to fall out, and my shirt covered the top of it anyway.

2. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

you're lucky nothing happened to it. I'm definitely going to buy a screen protector for the plus this time, given the larger screen size. Some kiosk man actually sold me on the thicker tempered glass screen protectors for $25. He scratched and stabbed the phone really hard with a pair of scissors and all was well! I think it may be worth the extra money. Better than a cracked screen.

Is your screen protector the extra thick tempered glass one?

3. pullfocus macrumors 65816

pullfocus

Like the first cut being the deepest, the first, inevitable drop is the worst.

4. danilko1 macrumors 6502a

danilko1

Not everyone is so lucky.

It is true the first drop is the worst, but also the last drop as well... Gut wrenching.

5. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

Glad your phone is OK but does this really require a new thread? :rolleyes:

"That's nice dear."

[​IMG]

6. MinEderPlayz macrumors 6502a

MinEderPlayz

I knocked my 6 Plus off a table yesterday. It landed flat on the screen, on a tile floor. Guess what? Not even a scratch. And I have no case.

7. jlp2979 macrumors 6502

I got one of these as well for my 6, the tempered glass protector from Verizon. Loving it so far, worth the $25 imo.

8. Greenone thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes it's the tempered glass one that's 0.4mm thick and is about $25.00 if memory serves.
    http://www.verizonwireless.com/accessories/tempered-glass-screen-protector-for-iphone-6-plus/

I still am not convinced the screen would survive a fall on a sidewalk or driveway though. I wish the case I had wrapped around a tiny bit more. I'm on the lookout for a more durable case (but hopefully one that's not too hideous).

----------

Well I think it DID require a new thread just because it seems lately everyone's complaining about what's wrong. So just trying to spread some sunshine, capiche?

----------

Love hearing (reading) stories like that! :)

9. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

thanks for adding the link...I think I'll get that. Hopefully my phone will come soon.

10. 617aircav Suspended

$25. On Amazon they cost like $8.

11. Tulani macrumors 6502a

Tulani

a new phone is only christened by a drop. after that one is carefree and comfortable to use anyhow as phone......its just a phone

12. thegrants82 macrumors 65816

You dropped your phone off of your bed in a case with a screen protector. Why on earth are you starting a new thread with this?

13. Greenone thread starter macrumors 6502

So you don't think people are nervous about these larger screen, thinner phones dropping in less-beefy cases? I think they are, and I think it's good to spread some positive juju that a fairly slim case helped prevent damage. Who knows how many factors there really were e.g. where on the phone it made contact with the floor and how hard this floor really is etc. It's just a "nice to know" sort of thread. Okay? Man this is an intense place to be these days!!

14. kinster macrumors 6502a

kinster

Yesterday I plugged in the connector to charge, but I missed and touched the speaker. Good news, it didn't scratch it.

15. Greenone thread starter macrumors 6502

And how did that make you feel??

16. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

Yes but can it survive other bed activities without bending, remaining straight all night?

That's the real question.