My iPhone 6 Freezes Daily

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Melodeath, Nov 8, 2015.

1. Melodeath macrumors 6502a

I bought an iPhone 6 64GB when it first came out. I would often get freezes/lock-ups, especially while using the Facebook app. Basically, the screen will stop responding for minutes, and event he sleep-wake button, or Touch ID, will be non-functional. The phone is just locked up. I sort of just lived with this even though it's really annoying. I assumed it was iOS8 glitchyness, and that an update would fix the issue. Well, I'm now on iOS 9.0.2, and I still have the same exact issues. Since software and app updates have not solved the issue, I'm now worried my phone actually has a hardware defect, but at this point, it is over a year old and thus, now out of warranty.

Does anyone else's iPhone freeze multiple times a day? Restarting the phone doesn't help, and I can't seem to figure out any common trigger, other than using the Facebook app in general. if the phone locks up, I can't scroll, hitting the home button does nothing unless I wait 30 seconds, and once I'm on the home screen, I can't click anything without massive delays. It takes minutes before the issue resolves itself.

Is there a fix? The only thing I can think of is that I have always restored my new iPhones from a backup, as opposed to starting "fresh," but I don't want to lose any of my texts/iMessages, etc.

Thanks

2. iPad Retina macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

Hello,

I'm an iPhone 6 Plus User and experiencing the same issues, it's very annoying, got a replacement phone, seems to be a bit better, but recently I've recently noticed the screen freezing all the other functions work perfectly, the vibrator, home button, volume buttons work. I've done a restore as well.

I've brought it into the store with 0 help, the guy at the apple store said " Technology changes over time, and thats how the phone preforms", called Apple after with senior advisor, no help, they said "we can replace your phone for $400" :eek: funny thing is a iPhone 5S running iOS 7 is faster lol.

Apple said they always have a solution, when I called they said well that's all we can do. I've restored it and that's all we can do.

I'm just living with it now. :confused::apple: