iPhone 6(S)(+) My iPhone 6 is overheating after updating to 12

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by levmc, Apr 20, 2019.

1. levmc macrumors member

Is there a way to go back even if you didn't backup your phone?

2. Lee_Bo macrumors regular

Lee_Bo

I don't think there's a way. Even if you boot into recovery I believe it will still download the latest iOS.

But I have been wrong before.

3. Paddle1 macrumors 68040

Even if you backed it up, still no. Only iOS 12 can be installed at this time.

4. maerz001 macrumors 65816

maerz001

No way. But it’s probably still indexing. Wait a few hours and it should get better

5. mikzn macrumors 65816

mikzn

Unfortunately there’s no way to roll back - very annoying :mad:

I had the same issue recently accidentally updated and lost a bunch of apps that don’t work on iOS 12 this is one aspect of Apple that I really don’t appreciate

I have an iPhone 6 and an iPad air I would love to roll back to iOS 10 and get my apps back that I paid for and worked fine until upgrading

6. internetrando macrumors 6502

internetrando

AFAIK, 12.2 is the only currently valid software that can be installed onto it.

A restore won't revert your software.

Just let her run...hopefully it gets better. If not, then try a wipe and restore and set up as new.

FWIW, I wish that Apple would let us revert to older versions of software. I understand their reasoning for not allowing it, but that doesn't mean that I agree with it.

7. KOTN91 macrumors regular

Time to pony up for a new phone dude. It’s not 2015 anymore. The iPhone 6 is old old old and not a relevant device in 2019. Hopefully ios13 will drop support for it

8. now i see it macrumors 68040

The iPhone 6 & Plus are just as relevant today as they were on launch day four years ago There's millions of them out there still in use.

9. tonybarnaby macrumors 65816

They were probably the weakest iPhones ever. No offense to anyone, but 1gb of ram was lacking then. It’s even worse now. I know not everyone can afford a new phone, but a 6s, 6s plus, 7 or 7+ are all cheap and huge upgrades over the 6.

10. levmc thread starter macrumors member

What are those apps?

11. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Doesn't really say or change much about what OP is talking about. iOS 12 does just fine in iPhone 6 in general.