My iPhone 6 is squeaking

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Droid Monkey, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Droid Monkey macrumors newbie

So I know this might be fairly paranoid but I was really hoping you guys could help me figure something out. When I press the screen with my finger and the back with the thumb in the area where the word iPhone is written, I can hear minor squeaking if I bring the phone up to my ear. Its not audible normally - is that because of the aluminum casing?

Could you guys please do a quick check by slightly squeezing the screen and back right above the letters iPhone on the back and hear it up close to your ears? The noise though very slight is audible when brought close to the ear.

I'd highly appreciate your response! Thanks! I just don't want it to be the beginning of a new problem. Yes I'm aware I might need some therapy.

http://i.imgur.com/6jqGTLj.jpg I was pressing with the thumb here and the screen on the other side. The sound is quiet enough to only be heard if you have the phone up next to your ear.

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Some phones will have that, some won't. Just part of what it's like with pretty much any mass produced product where small usually insignificant differences might exist (along with some larger differences at times which are more rare and are essentially defects in one form or another).

3. Droid Monkey thread starter macrumors newbie

I suppose that makes sense. I am just worried after reading so many threads about clicking screens. I dont this creaking to me a beginning of that issue.

It just sounds like metal being flexed on being pressed.

4. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

all iphone 6 do this after some time. mine do.
    i think it's because they all slightly warp over time, due to the soft chassis.
    nothing to be afraid of. Just put a case one it, and the added rigidity will solve this.

Definitely not the high quality objects apple used to make with the 4/4s series. Those phones spoiled us i'm afraid.

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

Even those phones had their share of issues from screen inconsistencies to even "antennagate" and various other things in-between--which mostly comes down to it being a mass produced product once again.

6. Crichton333 macrumors 6502

Crichton333

Its pretty soft in the back, saw somewhere thats the softest point on the iPhone.

7. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

antennagate was not a fault of mass-production, but purely a design fault - eliminated in the verizon iphone 4 release...and the iphone 4s.

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

Yes, I mentioned it mainly to point out that there were issues with the earlier model phones, that they aren't necessarily as quality perfect as some might recall them to be (and which is why I mentioned "mostly" as not all the issues were because of the mass production aspect, while many that various people experienced were).

9. Droid Monkey thread starter macrumors newbie

Does yours creak as well?

10. Droid Monkey thread starter macrumors newbie

I thought it was right next to the volume buttons.

11. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

Does it make this noise under normal use of your device?