My iPhone 6 Plus has too much room for icons!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ozziegn, Sep 19, 2014.

1. ozziegn macrumors 6502a

ozziegn

(but of course this can never be a bad thing.)

I'm in the process of setting up my new iPhone 6 Plus and I'm thrilled at how many icons and folders I can fit in such a massive screen compared to my 5S. I love the screen size but this will definitely be the biggest phone I will ever own/use.

(okay, that's the end of my 30 second thrill for my new phone.) lol

2. yegon macrumors 68030

Pity it's still restricted to four in the dock, or am I mistaken?

I'll in the next hour when it arrives hopefully!

3. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

I agree, really seems like 5 across should be an option on the Plus, if not standard. Not really huge deal though. A lot of people now just go right to the search box to launch apps, it's easy to get to and you don't need to worry about where you put it.

4. andyACEcandy macrumors 6502a

Just wait until you can jailbreak it... then put a 5th and more icons on the dock lol

5. yegon macrumors 68030

True, but I'm less and less bothered about jailbreaking these days, certainly not for on extra dock icon :)

f.lux, Nitrous, AdBlock and Activator (solely to allow "hold vol- button to play/pause) were always my main reasons to jailbreak. Nitrous is no longer needed, and I don't really know if I could be bothered for those other functions. Prob miss f.lux the most.

6. ozziegn thread starter macrumors 6502a

ozziegn

I quit JB-ing a long time ago. my phones would always act weird which annoyed me too much.

7. chupachup macrumors 6502

That's because iOS hasn't discovered widgets yet. It is still a mess of icons on the screen. Even if you don't use them and can't delete them you have to make a folder for them.

Haha.

8. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

Said it in another thread but Apple did nothing to capitalize on the extra space - maybe in iOS10 :p

9. chupachup macrumors 6502

I have 5.2".

I put the apps I use on the screen. The rest of the space I have a giant calendar, an events widget, a music widget, etc etc. Very useful things that actually take advantage of the extra space.

Maybe in iOS 20.