My iPhone 6 Plus /iOS 8 Plus Experience... (Is not a good one)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by noidpr, Dec 6, 2014.

1. noidpr, Dec 6, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2014

noidpr macrumors regular

noidpr

Hi, these are the Problems that have with my 950$ dollars phone...

iPhone 6 + 128GB

I can't use more than 2 bluetooth devices at the same time or only one...
    When i use them (eg. Pebble Watch & Beats Studio Wireless) one of them disconnect in less than a minute.
    The same if i have my pebble and my car (Fiat 500 2013) at the same time connected.

I don't use my Pebble for notifications anymore neither my car handsfree system.

Safari Crash... everytime...
    I know to have only a single tab open and my iphone can't even open a video...

SLOW...
    I don't know if its the OS or the phone but...
    Specially at spotlight search are slow as ****.
    It takes time to open camera, dialer and other simple apps...

Rotation Issues
    Some times it get stuck at one side, i have to force close the app.

NO AC Wifi
    I can be near the APPLE Airport AC and i only get N network, not AC
    I tried on another antenna ant is the same, sometimes it reads the ac router, other times not..

3rd Party Keyboard
    At the beginning i love them...
    i stopped using them because of the slow and sometimes no keyboard issue...

Im not having the rare reboot problem on the 128 models, yes one time it gave me a blue screen but nothing more.

I hadn't go to a att store yet because something tells me that those refurbished could be the same or worst...

(Sorry for the bad english, not my native language but i needed to release my rage lol)

Thanks for reading.

(i posted this on apple community too)

2. Chatter macrumors 6502a

Have a Genius check out the phone. Its totally possible that there is a hardware issue. Its disappointing after you spend ~$1000 on a device so make sure its not the unit itself. FWIW, I dont have similar issues but I only have the 6.

3. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

4. Cyberguycpt, Dec 6, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2014

Cyberguycpt macrumors 6502a

Cyberguycpt

My iPhone 6 /iOS 8 Plus Experience... (Is not a good one)

The only thing I'm experiencing in Safari crashing. No big deal since use Chrome. And the rotation issues. But coming from Android I can say their is no perfect phone. Every phone is going to have its issues. The 6+ cost $749 you paid a premium for 128gb so don't hold it to a 1000 price tag.

Note 4: wifi,and Bluetooth issues
    Nexus 6:rapid screen burn in
    LG G3: over heating, bad battery life, wifi and Bluetooth issues

5. noidpr thread starter macrumors regular

noidpr

sure, thanks.

6. wineandcarbs macrumors 6502a

I wonder if you have a bad device. It's worth bringing into the Genius Bar to see if it's an issue with the device itself. I have a 64GB iPhone 6+ and while I can't speak to the Spotlight and Apple Airport ones (as I haven't used Spotlight or Apple Airport) I haven't experienced any of the other issues, and I use my phone A LOT. I would be upset if I'd bought a phone outright & were experiencing issues too. Definitely worth a trip to the Genius Bar to see if your phone can be replaced. Also, what OS are you on? I'm on the newest one if that makes a difference.

7. noidpr thread starter macrumors regular

noidpr

Hi friends,
    I visited a local AT&T Center to have an exchange but i got no results. They gave my phone a reset and the bluetooth problem persist. I made the reset network settings trick but doesn't work. I don't know what more to do. I don't have an apple store.

I gave up to pairing my phone with my car.

8. SeilerBird macrumors regular

SeilerBird

You have a brand new $1000 phone with a warranty that is clearly defective and you don't know what to do? How about sending it in to Apple and having it fixed?

9. burgman macrumors 65816

burgman

Your options are few, local AT&T store (salesmen waste of time) or calling Apple and starting a service case. If you have Applecare+ then express shipping is available. I assume Applecare is available in PR. Some early 6+ 128's had memory problems. When I brought mine to the Genius Bar with weird issues they looked at the logs and that was it, new phone. Apple would do the same thing. You will get an email that has a remote diagnostic program, then Apple will display your options.

10. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I have my pebble and car paired at the same time and both work fine. 128gb phones are known to have TLC storage, that may be your problem.

11. noidpr thread starter macrumors regular

noidpr

No disconnection from time to time ?

12. compwiz1202 macrumors regular

I had a problem with Ford Sync and my 6+.
    Support stated to factory reset, but I couldn't get to that menu.
    I had to pull the Sync fuse for three minutes, then I got the factory reset menu back.
    Once I did the factory reset, I was able to pair them successfully.

13. noidpr thread starter macrumors regular

noidpr

I called apple directly and explained the issue. They gonna call me through monday-tuesday. To give me a answer, they troubleshoot everything by phone.

14. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Are you having issues with sending picture texts? I am and I can't figure out the failed deliveries of them. I will try Safari later. I've heard of crash issues too.

15. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Only if I go out of range, but it reconnects quickly.

16. nj1266 macrumors 6502a

I had no problems using two Bluetooth devices at the same time. I use my Fitbit flex and sync my phone to my cars.

Wifi was an issue for me but it was different than what most others have experienced. Wifi would slow down every time I used control center and would speed up after 20 seconds. My phone is jail broken and there is a patch that fixes that problem. If you have that same problem just jailbreak the phone and install the wifried tweak.

17. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

For reference I have a 64GB 6 Plus with MLC

I can't say I often use multiple bluetooth devices, but I have a headset as well as a stereo that my 6 plus pairs with just fine. I don't notice it dropping anything. If it does, it's the headset and it repairs without me noticing. I only have the headset on when making a call, I don't keep it on at all times. I will add that we had a lot of issues with Ford Sync in our 2012 Ford Fiesta... we never used an iPhone 6 in that car because we sold it before we would have had the chance. But it would constantly drop signal on our iPhone 5 and later 5S.

I have definitely had a lot of Safari issues, but they don't sound quite as severe as yours. I have since moved onto Dolphin. It has been the best I have found.

I do get some frame drops from time to time. Spotlight was the biggest issue. Video was bad when playing from safari but it does fine in dolphin now, and even better in dedicated apps (ie youtube videos play flawlessly in youtube, not so much in browsers). Apps like netflix also offer no problems.

I have had a lot of rotation issues, strangely it's always in stock apps. Messages is the worst. I can;t recall having rotation issues in an app downloaded from the AppStore. That isn't to say it can't happen, of course.

I have no issues with AC wifi, though it's not an Apple router so I cannot judge specifically. One would think Apple's router should work better, if anything lol.

I don't use much third party keyboards because I don't care for them. Most of the ones that offer functionality I MIGHT find myself using cost money... and I hate the appstore model of throwing money at something and hoping you like it; if you don't a refund requires jumping through 15 hoops... not my thing. Anyway, the ones I used didn't cause problems the way you are experiencing.

All this said, I have been pretty vocal about my gripes with the 6 plus. I truly feel this is the worst launch that I have seen, software-wise. Overall I am happy, but only because of the bigger screen realestate. I feel like I have taken a step backwards in many aspects. The larger screen is just a couple dozen steps forwards, so the other issues don't hurt as much. :p

18. iososx macrumors 6502a

iososx

Both my 6 and 6+ models had several issues.

Being fortunate to have an Apple store close by I had them replaced. These new replacements feature the identical bugs the original phones had.

Welcome to Apple Inc. circa 2015 where premium priced iPhone's come with a very buggy, not so reliable operating system at no extra charge.

Apple's new slogan "They might or might not just work"...have fun kids! :)

19. I7guy macrumors G5

Seems all issues, especially software/hardware related things is hit or miss... minor issues with i6 in one month. Not denying there are bugs, but saying I haven't noticed any showstoppers other than the usual talked about glitches: portrait/landscape, cut and paste etc.

20. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

You can't leave that out of any post, right ? :rolleyes:
    I'm not experiencing those issues... How lucky

21. sanke1 macrumors 65816

sanke1

Most of the complaints are related to the pile of poo iOS 8. Even after updating to 8.1.2, wifi, safari crashing bugs are not yet fixed. Song in Music app starts from the middle or at random place.

Apple shareholders basically need to sit down with Sir Jonathan Ive and demand perfection from software. Else, soon Apple will loose their sheen.

22. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Yes, Apple is doomed. Like it was twenty years ago.... Then 10 years ago.... :rolleyes:

23. iososx macrumors 6502a

iososx

The voice of fearless truth, as a long time Apple customer who's not afraid to share experiences does seem to drive some people into fear and combative behavior.

Or denial and deceiving thoughts... that just because they aren't having the same experience proves something.

Luck is but a fantasy.