My iPhone 6 Plus slower than my iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ApplePhy, Sep 22, 2014.

1. ApplePhy macrumors 6502

Just for fun was comparing safari web page loads between my 6 Plus and my iPhone 5.

Consistently, websites loaded 1/2 a second quicker on my iPhone 5 vs my 6+.

Wasn't wuite expecting this result. Makes me realize just how good my iPhone 5 really was...

Anyone else notice that the new batch of iPhones aren't as fast (for Safari web loads at least) as they should be?

Anyone compare their old 4(s), 5(s)'s to the new 6 or 6+ in this, or in other anectodal non-professional regards?

2. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

Don't know about the 6 plus but my 6 feels the same as 5s on some things and is noticeably faster on some things like games. The wifi sometimes seems so much faster that I was slightly shocked a few times.

3. Bahroo macrumors 68000

Your wifi is seeming to be messing up on your 6 Plus, could be software or hardware related, the 6 Plus blows away the 5 in web browsing and every catorgory basically

4. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

I hate to disappoint you but it really doesn't. It should, granted.

5. ApplePhy thread starter macrumors 6502

That's what I was hoping. Ran SPEEDTEST, and all 3 of my devices have same download speeds (6+, 5, iPad Air) ~6Mbps

Other folks that were reporting wifi issues with the 6+ seemed to have it validated by running speedtest (one person was getting 0.2Mbps!)

6. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

The 6 is way faster than the 5. If yours isn't behaving in that manner, I'd look for an alternate reason.

Is your 5 using iOS 8?

:apple:

7. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Way faster in benchmark tests but not when it comes to browsing the web, scrolling through settings and opening apps etc. In real world use you would be hard pressed to notice a difference. In fact if the i5 was running iOS6 then it would be altogether faster.

8. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

He's talking about the 6 plus though which some people report to be slow.

Still strange though.

9. ApplePhy thread starter macrumors 6502

Iphone 5 is running ios7. In benchmarks sure the 6/6+ blows almost anything out of the water (as evidenced by Anandetch's benchmarks he released today), but in real world use I was not expecting that my iPhone 5 would actually be faster in Safari (vs my 6+)

10. stevo8 macrumors 6502

Tested my 6+ with my 5 and the 6+ is at least 1/2sec faster than the 5. That's startup, loading apps and surfing Web. Everything also feels much more snappy and responsive. That's both phones running ios8 with all the same apps etc.