Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ApplePhy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 7, 2013
Just for fun was comparing safari web page loads between my 6 Plus and my iPhone 5.

Consistently, websites loaded 1/2 a second quicker on my iPhone 5 vs my 6+.

Wasn't wuite expecting this result. Makes me realize just how good my iPhone 5 really was...

Anyone else notice that the new batch of iPhones aren't as fast (for Safari web loads at least) as they should be?

Anyone compare their old 4(s), 5(s)'s to the new 6 or 6+ in this, or in other anectodal non-professional regards?

antiprotest

macrumors 68030
Apr 19, 2010
Don't know about the 6 plus but my 6 feels the same as 5s on some things and is noticeably faster on some things like games. The wifi sometimes seems so much faster that I was slightly shocked a few times.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
Just for fun was comparing safari web page loads between my 6 Plus and my iPhone 5.

Consistently, websites loaded 1/2 a second quicker on my iPhone 5 vs my 6+.

Wasn't wuite expecting this result. Makes me realize just how good my iPhone 5 really was...

Anyone else notice that the new batch of iPhones aren't as fast (for Safari web loads at least) as they should be?

Anyone compare their old 4(s), 5(s)'s to the new 6 or 6+ in this, or in other anectodal non-professional regards?

Your wifi is seeming to be messing up on your 6 Plus, could be software or hardware related, the 6 Plus blows away the 5 in web browsing and every catorgory basically

ApplePhy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 7, 2013
Your wifi is seeming to be messing up on your 6 Plus, could be software or hardware related, the 6 Plus blows away the 5 in web browsing and every catorgory basically

That's what I was hoping. Ran SPEEDTEST, and all 3 of my devices have same download speeds (6+, 5, iPad Air) ~6Mbps

Other folks that were reporting wifi issues with the 6+ seemed to have it validated by running speedtest (one person was getting 0.2Mbps!)

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.
The 6 is way faster than the 5. If yours isn't behaving in that manner, I'd look for an alternate reason.

Is your 5 using iOS 8?

:apple:

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
The 6 is way faster than the 5. If yours isn't behaving in that manner, I'd look for an alternate reason.

Is your 5 using iOS 8?

Way faster in benchmark tests but not when it comes to browsing the web, scrolling through settings and opening apps etc. In real world use you would be hard pressed to notice a difference. In fact if the i5 was running iOS6 then it would be altogether faster.

antiprotest

macrumors 68030
Apr 19, 2010

Is your 5 using iOS 8?

He's talking about the 6 plus though which some people report to be slow.

Still strange though.

ApplePhy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 7, 2013

Is your 5 using iOS 8?

Iphone 5 is running ios7. In benchmarks sure the 6/6+ blows almost anything out of the water (as evidenced by Anandetch's benchmarks he released today), but in real world use I was not expecting that my iPhone 5 would actually be faster in Safari (vs my 6+)

stevo8

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2007
Tested my 6+ with my 5 and the 6+ is at least 1/2sec faster than the 5. That's startup, loading apps and surfing Web. Everything also feels much more snappy and responsive. That's both phones running ios8 with all the same apps etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.