My iPhone 6 sometimes clicks on links by itself

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lindygirl4, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Lindygirl4 macrumors newbie

I got my iphone 6 about a week or so ago, and I set it up new. I've never had an iphone, I always had android. Anyways, it randomly clicks on things sometimes. I mostly notice it when using the browser and the facebook app. It will 'like' a photo by itself and things. I just got this phone and don't want to return it. I did a factory reset and it still does it. It's not consistent though. Like I can't narrow it down to one thing that triggers it. It's very annoying seeing how it's brand new.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.2

2. cynics macrumors G3

Does it do it more so when plugged in? What kind of case and screen protector if any?

Regardless if a restore didnt fix it sounds like you'll need to have it replaced.

3. Daiphoneboss macrumors member

Sorry..that was me

4. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

did you get it wet already? or did you do a reset from the phone itself? if you did then try a dfu restore when plugged into a computer with iTunes.

5. Lindygirl4 thread starter macrumors newbie

It does do it more when plugged in. Is that significant? And I have no screen protector with a thin Incipio case.

----------

No haven't gotten it wet or dropped it or anything. I did the factory reset in the settings of the phone.

6. mangomind macrumors 6502a

mangomind

As others have said, since a restore didn't solve this problem, you should get it replaced by Apple.