My iPhone 6 sometimes clicks on links by itself

Lindygirl4

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 4, 2015
I got my iphone 6 about a week or so ago, and I set it up new. I've never had an iphone, I always had android. Anyways, it randomly clicks on things sometimes. I mostly notice it when using the browser and the facebook app. It will 'like' a photo by itself and things. I just got this phone and don't want to return it. I did a factory reset and it still does it. It's not consistent though. Like I can't narrow it down to one thing that triggers it. It's very annoying seeing how it's brand new.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.2

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Does it do it more so when plugged in? What kind of case and screen protector if any?

Regardless if a restore didnt fix it sounds like you'll need to have it replaced.

Daiphoneboss

macrumors member
Jan 5, 2015
I got my iphone 6 about a week or so ago, and I set it up new. I've never had an iphone, I always had android. Anyways, it randomly clicks on things sometimes. I mostly notice it when using the browser and the facebook app. It will 'like' a photo by itself and things. I just got this phone and don't want to return it. I did a factory reset and it still does it. It's not consistent though. Like I can't narrow it down to one thing that triggers it. It's very annoying seeing how it's brand new.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.2
Sorry..that was me

lakaiordie

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2008
did you get it wet already? or did you do a reset from the phone itself? if you did then try a dfu restore when plugged into a computer with iTunes.

Lindygirl4

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 4, 2015
Does it do it more so when plugged in? What kind of case and screen protector if any?

Regardless if a restore didnt fix it sounds like you'll need to have it replaced.
It does do it more when plugged in. Is that significant? And I have no screen protector with a thin Incipio case.

----------

did you get it wet already? or did you do a reset from the phone itself? if you did then try a dfu restore when plugged into a computer with iTunes.
No haven't gotten it wet or dropped it or anything. I did the factory reset in the settings of the phone.

mangomind

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2012
It does do it more when plugged in. Is that significant? And I have no screen protector with a thin Incipio case.

----------

No haven't gotten it wet or dropped it or anything. I did the factory reset in the settings of the phone.
As others have said, since a restore didn't solve this problem, you should get it replaced by Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.