iPhone 6(S)(+) My iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mommy Docc, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Mommy Docc, Jul 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2019

Mommy Docc macrumors newbie

Mommy Docc

So I had my iPhone 6 in a cold room and it died, I recently got the battery replaced and the battery drains really fast and my phone over heats all the time. I also believe my battery is flopping around in the phone. Should I just buy a new phone or fix my iPhone 6?

2. now i see it macrumors 68040

I'll hazard a guess that a non-Apple battery replaced the original one to save some money and now the reality has set in that it was a waste of money to try to save money on the repair.

So if same thing is done again, expect the same results. I have a 6+ and when it's battery finally goes, I'll replace the phone with something newer but probably not the newest phone.

3. Mommy Docc thread starter macrumors newbie

Mommy Docc

Thank you!!

4. wproct macrumors 6502

wproct

I had a similar experience. I had a Iphone 6s that I had bought new 2 1/2 years ago, and it was a great phone, I planned to keep it another year or two. All of a sudden I started having battery charging and life issues. I could have possibly had the battery replaced and have the phone perform as new, or, it may not have because it was an issue other than battery.

I chose to buy a new Iphone 8. Very similar in size and function to my 6s, but I gained wireless charging.

5. willmtaylor macrumors G4

willmtaylor

Who replaced the battery for you?

Perhaps more importantly though, how does an iPhone battery flop around inside the phone?

6. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I wouldn’t ‘fix’ an iPhone 6, it’ll cost you more than the phone is probably worth, and if it’s overheating, that’s potentially another problem on its own. As far as the battery possibly being loose inside the chassis, there’s very little clearance/tolerance for it to move around, so I’m assuming it [slightly] rattles versus ‘flopping’.

7. Nacho98 macrumors member

We're talking about a phone released nearly 5 years ago at this point. Why put $150-$200 into something that's not even going to be supported by Apple anymore?

Just get a new phone, nothing lasts forever and the lengths people will go to to save a couple bucks once in a while can be mind boggling. I take it this battery replacement was not done at Apple, and now in the name of saving a few bucks, here we are. As they say, buy nice or buy twice.