My iPhone... an A&E life story.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jedivulcan, Sep 21, 2007.

1. jedivulcan macrumors 6502

I honestly think my iPhone has changed my life. I have unlimited EDGE and text on it. I'm always connected. I love it... it's like everything in one little package. It's like that tricorder in Star Trek I always wanted.. except it has a tilt sensor... so you can never really hold it the wrong way like in Trek. Anyways, I just got my full use of it today.. text, e-mail, web, chat, web browsing. It's great. No other device like it.

2. jasonsmith macrumors member

3. webteeth macrumors member

webteeth

Man, I'm wanting an iPhone more and more, day after day, but I don't think it's going to happen anytime soon here in Canada. The carriers would have to drastically change how much they charge for their data plans for it to come here, I think Rogers (who has the right kind of network for iPhone) has 5MB included bandwidth/month, then it's 5¢/kb after that....

4. jasonsmith macrumors member

If your going to hold your breath, I'll start up the ambulance right now.

Mines unlocked working perfectly on Rogers. That will teach them... if ya don't want the BS factor of hacking then I guess you will have to wait.

5. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

I keep hearing about this thing called "Canada" but can't seem to figure out what exactly it is....

(what Apple is probably thinking...)

6. webteeth macrumors member

webteeth

I was thinking about purchasing an iPhone for hacking, but without any decent data plans, it's sort of pointless for me. I've gotten by without a cellphone for a while now, and I probably will continue to do so. The major reason I would want an iPhone is to access the internet and important data (especially stocks, weather and youtube) from anywhere.

What do you do about data? Do you not access the internet and other stuff when you're away from Wifi, or do you just pay the charges?

Cheers!

7. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

Welcome to the New World.

8. jasonsmith macrumors member

All wifi, I have not needed to HAVE TO connect where wifi couldn't wait. In most cities wifi is all over the place. Also Rogers has a $4.00 a month plan for all the actual "hotspots" in Starbucks and so on. 4$ bucks gets you 90min a month. I'm not using it but it's an option.

9. D4F Guest

D4F

I know exactly what u mean.
    Right now I am waiting for my food at Chillis and instead of getting bored I read forums:)
    I don't need to download videos or any crap like that (I use my mac at home for all heavy browsing) and even this EDGE that every girl and her dog on this forum cry about suits perfect.
    Indeed I am in heaven:)
    Gotta run. My Ribs just arrived

Cheers

10. wiseguy macrumors member

wiseguy

Rogers Unlimited Data Plan Soon

It was on the newspaper last week, anyway, i'm using mine in Montreal and there's plenty of Wi-Fi network, no need for EDGE, can't beat the speed of those network. I'm receiving 30-50 e-mails per day sometimes with attachments, It would take forever to download them on EDGE. My primarily purpose of the iPhone is to watch my stocks with graphics in real time, visually, nothing else can beat that.