My iPhone/AT&T Plan (questions too)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by EllieV, Jun 9, 2010.

1. EllieV macrumors 6502

My parents don't want to pay the high monthly rate of an iPhone, but I REALLY want an iPhone 4, and am now drooling over it. I got some friends together, and we made a loose little idea (we will strengthen it once we get parents' approval). We would all buy the iPhone separately, but we would all join and contribute (with money from jobs) towards a family plan.

We would be allowed to be on a family plan right, even though we aren't a family?

What are the advantages of a family plan? Discounts?

How many people can be on a family plan? Is the price discounted the more people there is?

Basically, what would the price be? Would it be just like paying a single plan, or paying like more plans?

If you respond, please try to answer all of my questions, and not just refer me to some manual or something.

2. LimeyBastard macrumors regular

I'm not sure there is a manual that answers your questions, but I'd assume you'd be best served to contact AT&T to get this information.

3. countrydweller macrumors 6502

countrydweller

It could be done, find an adult who will be responsible for the plan, buy the phones in their name, AT&T allows five phones on a family plan. I wouldn't sign the contract for a bunch of kids, good luck finding someone who will.