My iPhone bricked, is their anything Apple will do about it

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Revlefty, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Revlefty macrumors regular

It just happened about an hour ago. I went to plug it into the charger and got no response(yet the phone still worked fine) tried it again, nothing, plugged it into a wall charger and nothing. Then it got the white screen error, I reset it and it goes from the black Apple screen and then back to the white one. Now it won't even turn on.

Is there anything Apple will do or am I screwed?

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

What does this mean? :confused: How can it work fine if you get no response?

Also, this sounds less like "bricked" and more like "broken." Have you done anything related to Jailbreaking? If not, then yes, Apple will fix it. Just go to the store tomorrow.

If you have messed with Jailbreaking, you're still probably fine but you have to tell us what you've done, first.

3. Revlefty thread starter macrumors regular

What I mean is the phone worked fine but when I put it into the charger it didn't do anything. Haven't tried to jailbreak it. I do think it's probably broken and not bricked.

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

3 Steps:

1) Hold the power and Home button together until the phone restarts. That may fix it.

If that doesn't help:

2) Try and get it to appear in iTunes and restore the software using iTunes.

And if that doesn't help:

3) Make an appointment at an Apple store (http://www.apple.com/retail) and take it in.

EDIT: Although I'm still having trouble telling from your description...if it seems like the phone is broken, follow my steps. If it seems like the charger is broken, then the phone is just dead and take the charger in. Heck, just take the phone and the charger to the store. Tell them you're not sure which is the problem. They'll figure it out.

5. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

You bet they will do something about it. You have at least 1 year full warranty. As long as there is no evidence of trauma or water damage, they will likely give you a new phone (that is, if they can't immediately fix it at the Apple Store).

But, do the things SWC suggested. But, make an appt ASAP so you don't have to be phone-less for that long.

6. Revlefty thread starter macrumors regular

Woke up today and the phone was up and running again like nothing ever happened. But it still doesn't recognize when I hook it up to the computer or a wall charger using the dock or one of the million cables I have around here. And now whenI do I get the "This accessory is not made to work the iPhone message" I seems to appearing randomly too.

Good news it the battery is fully charged so it will make a little white until I can take it in.

7. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

Take it to Apple. They should be able to fix you up.

8. COmacconvert macrumors newbie

Try this:

1. while the phone is on plug the phone into your computer with itunes up and running

2. Hold the home and power button until the phone turns off, continue holding the home and power button until the phone turns back on. When/if you see the apple logo let go of the power button and continue to hold the home button.

if that works properly itunes should recoginze the phone and I would just restore the phone from your lest back-up.

Hopefully that helps.

Good luck

9. RTiii320 macrumors 6502a

RTiii320

Agreed. Take it to Apple. If your computer does not recognize it they might be able to try a complete restore on the phone which may fix any issues you have. Hope you backed up your personal information lately because most likely you will lose it when you take it in to Apple.

10. Revlefty thread starter macrumors regular

Well I think the connector is broken on the phone because it doesn't do anything when plugged into a power outlet either

11. phoenixsuns macrumors newbie

are you using the 3g? i know the 3g and the 2g touch can only work with the cable provided with them. i'm asking because if you recently switched cables or something, then your phone would not recognize the cable

12. sergiuria macrumors 6502a

sergiuria

Not true at all

13. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

I doubt the connector is broken (it's extremely rare)

More than like it's just dust, or it is water damage to the connector.

Try cleaning the bottom with a brush