My Iphone caused a break up

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by dellAbait, Jul 21, 2011.

1. dellAbait macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

so i go to the washroom and i come back and she asks me, what does "she's pretty easy that way" mean?... Yup, she read my text messages to a friend of mine where i was telling him about "getting some". She says she feels
    betrayed and cut all contact. I dont really care because i also found out she's a crazy b for snooping on my phone. Guys, make sure you establish a rule with your girl that your phone is off limits! Do you let your girlfriends play with your phone?

2. ann713 macrumors 6502a

Sorry? Although, it's not the phone's fault you were mis-behaving. ;)

3. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Your own fault. Don't cheat on your girlfriend next time. ;)

4. jbyun04 macrumors 6502a

jbyun04

Actually iPhone could've prevented this:

Enable private text message mode for lockscreen
    Enable lockscreen passcode

5. ann713 macrumors 6502a

I think the OP was actually referring to his own girlfriend. A passcode would have saved you, but in this case, she deserved someone better.

6. Dandrews524 macrumors 6502

do not slander the iphone. you could have had a moto razr and she still would have dumped you!

7. Tech Elementz macrumors 6502

At least he got dumped in style... :) But I still need to be mad at him for cheating... :mad:

8. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

So let me get this straight: The OP was talking to his friend about how his (the OP's) girlfriend is easy? Yeah, the iPhone is the true culprit here.

You could have had a dumbphone and it would have ended up the same way.

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

10. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Saw a fellow with a bunny iPhone case at Pacific Mall. Pretty much a dealbreaker for most first dates.
    [​IMG]

11. Ksizzle9 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/9A5259f Safari/6533.18.5)

I know this. My wife and I have been married for 1yr now and I've had my Gmail account for....a long, long, time. She uses my phone all the time bc I always have it with me, I had her check for a sent email and she had to go way back and found some I sent YEARS ago. In the wild man/party stage, needless to say she wasn't very happy. Some of these had been synced since my original iPhone and prolly further back than that. Needless to say some of them were, well kind of explanatory about some things I wished to do. So, lesson: be careful with a phone that contains so much personal info. We are fine now. But it wasn't easy to calm her

12. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

I let my girlfriend use my phone to play Angry Birds. But, my e-mail is used strictly for business and I have absolutely nothing to hide, text message-wise.

13. bandofbrothers, Jul 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2011

bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Aint life a bitch !

Makes a change from all the iphone 5 threads popping up !

Rolls eyes.....

Attached Files:

14. markthrash macrumors regular

markthrash

Sounds like your hormones and your big mouth did it for you.

15. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

I laughed at OP when I read this. He was clearly hoping for sympathy, but it's clear it's his fault. My gf uses my phone all the time, never had any trouble, cos I'm not a shady guy (and if I am I'm certainly not an idiot about it the way he was). She shouldn't have snooped his phone but it's still 100% OPs fault for hiding things in the first place, especially in his messages of all places.

16. Lotso macrumors 6502

Lotso

Congratulations! You get the sleaze-bag of the year award! I feel so sorry for your ex girlfriend and your iPhone.

17. AdrianK macrumors 68020

You betrayed her trust and she betrayed yours, sounds like it really wasn't meant to be.

18. ShivneelSingh, Jul 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2011

ShivneelSingh macrumors member

Okay so I have a crazier story: I left my iPhone on the kitchen counter and my girlfriend went through it and saw a text message from the previous night with my ex-girlfriend (Dani) about me buying condoms. I didn't mean to text my ex, it was meant for a friend (Daisy) (who is a girl) and who wanted me to buy condoms for her because she was shy. So I bought the condoms and texted "Hey I bought Trojans Her Pleasure, it's the exact one you wanted" and sent it to Dani instead of Daisy, I mean they are right on top of each other in the contact list... It was an honest mistake. BUT Samantha (my girlfriend at the time) didn't believe me and said the story was the dumbest thing she'd ever heard. So I was like "yeah if you don't believe me then I'm leaving". She said "I'm not done with you yet" and she STABBED me in my shoulder. We were 20-years-old at the time.

19. Leet Apple macrumors 6502a

Leet Apple

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Well when I said my Ex was easy, she put her clothes on fast, but needless to say never text that to a friend tell them in person...see if iMessage can send voice memos no néed to type things like that

20. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

It would have been the same with any phone. And if you didn't use the phone you would have emailed or snail mailed and she would have read your emails and mail. Not the iPhones fault. Yours.

21. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Jeez, this is better than watching soap operas. :eek:

I have trouble understanding why people post this kind of stuff in a place where anyone can access it. Keep your private life private.

22. knightlie macrumors 6502a

You insulted your gf behind her back and she dumped you, nothing to do with the phone.

Zero sympathy. If you have stuff on your phone you don't want your gf to see then she probably deserves better.

23. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

I let the girl I'm seeing look at my phone whenever she wants. She never goes snooping but I know that I don't have to worry about her accidentally seeing anything - I have nothing to hide (other than maybe embarrassing song lyrics :eek::p). Shame on you, OP!

24. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

Bragging about things like that never leads anywhere good. Same goes for not having a lockscreen on your iPhone. I hope you learned your lesson(s).

As to your question, I'm married and we're not secretive with one another. We both know each other's passwords/lockscreen codes, PINs, etc. We don't talk shyte so it's no problem.

25. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

You are assuming something, not yet in evidence, from our young friend. ;)