My iPhone crashes and reboots after every sync

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by macthak, Jan 24, 2009.

1. macthak macrumors newbie

hi every time that i install new apps with itunes my iphone 3g crashes and reboots. this is really annoying.

also i noticed that my more category has over 600 mega bytes in it. is this a problem

thanks in advanced

2. lavrishevo macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

I would try to use bosspref and use the option to fix the user / disk permissions. If this does not work just sync all you info and restore / re-jailbreak. I know many here are all about restoring from backup after a restore but if you have a corrupted program there is a good chance the corruption will be restored if you do things this way. So just setup as new. It is very easy to re-sync all you info if you setup as new.

3. macthak thread starter macrumors newbie

i tried the bosspref thing doesnt really work. if i clean restore then i will lose my app data

4. lavrishevo macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

I can't think of any other option for you. iPhone OS corruption means a restore is necessary.

5. macthak thread starter macrumors newbie

the thing is that this happened like 2 months ago and i restored and everything was fine for a while and then the problems started again.

6. jmccullough108 macrumors 6502a

jmccullough108

What did you install lately? Obviously you are doing something that iTunes doesn't like. I don't have this problem, actually, this is the first time I have heard of this. :rolleyes:

7. macthak thread starter macrumors newbie

itunes doesnt crash the iphone does. mostly app store apps and a few cydia apps like winterboard, sbsettings, and quickgold

8. macthak thread starter macrumors newbie

anyone know why i have more than 600mb in my other category

9. lavrishevo macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

Do you have a ton of apps installed? You could try deleting an app at a time and then syncing to find the culprit.

10. macthak thread starter macrumors newbie

i have like 275 apps from app store

isn't the other(orange) supposed to be for the os and cydia