Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

d0tMAC

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 13, 2008
the bottom right hand corner of my iPhone creaks when pressed. i dunno if this is because of the cold weather, or what, but its really bothering me. i have never dropped it or anything so i don't know what the problem could be. its been like this since the day i bought it, except it wasn't as bad then. everytime i pick it up i hear creaking in at bottom right hand corner....can i get the phone repaired or replaced or anything? also, yesterday when i was on a call (i had 5 bars)...the call all of a sudden dropped and the signal strength went to 0 for a few seconds and then went back to 5. wtf is up with this? has this ever happened to you guys? im running the lastest update 1.1.3 i believe with NO hacks or anything. can i get my phone replaced for a new one? should i get it replaced? please help. thanks.

aussie.damo

macrumors regular
Nov 20, 2006
Melbourne
the bottom right hand corner of my iPhone creaks when pressed. i dunno if this is because of the cold weather, or what, but its really bothering me. i have never dropped it or anything so i don't know what the problem could be. its been like this since the day i bought it, except it wasn't as bad then. everytime i pick it up i hear creaking in at bottom right hand corner....can i get the phone repaired or replaced or anything? also, yesterday when i was on a call (i had 5 bars)...the call all of a sudden dropped and the signal strength went to 0 for a few seconds and then went back to 5. wtf is up with this? has this ever happened to you guys? im running the lastest update 1.1.3 i believe with NO hacks or anything. can i get my phone replaced for a new one? should i get it replaced? please help. thanks.

Interesting. i have had the same exact issues. The black plastic strip on the bottom of the phone creaks when I use it which is very annoying. My phone also drops to 0 bars from full strength intermittently.

I've seen some iPhones that don't have the creak, but more that do (it seems to be the newer ones).

I'm running 1.1.1, so I doubt the signal drop is due to your version.

Damo

martinmartin

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2007
many iphones have the creaking issue with the black plastic. i just returned mine last week because of this. they swapped it out for a refurb with no problems.

the refurb doesnt have the creak (yet), though the right side of the black plastic also pushes in a little at the corner.

also, many people are reporting dropped calls after 1.1.3 update. in fact, i have an appt to swap my phone out yet again today bc i have had so many dropped calls.

now im starting to think that the refurb might not be the problem, but that it's the 1.1.3 firmware that is causing the dropped calls...i guess we'll find out...

sixth

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2006
weird I saw this post, and i have had this issue on my new iphone, its a new 8GB only about 2 months old.... maybe I should try to call apple and see what they say...it is REALLY annoying!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.