My iPhone deactivated?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Yaboze, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Yaboze macrumors 6502a

Yaboze

I used my phone this morning, no problem and turned it off.

I just went to turn it on and it showed a sync usb cable picture and itunes and a Slide for Emergency bar, which allows me to make a call.

There was No Service in the upper left.

I plugged it in to my Macbook and a window popped up that it was activated.

What is going on?

I have a 3G iPhone 16GB in NJ area with AT&T.

2. Pixellated macrumors 65816

I think it is a bug on 2.2.1, It happened to me and I just rebooted the phone and was away.

3. Jeremy81 macrumors 6502

This has happened on both of the 3G iPhones in my household. As the other poster state simply rebooting the phone seems to correct it.

4. Yaboze thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yaboze

5. normwood macrumors 6502a

normwood

I had this happen a couple of weeks ago. It freaked me out.

I called Apple Support and they said they are seeing it and that it may be related to the fact that I downloaded a large App update and didn't reboot my phone. The morning after the large App update I opened up Trism to play before going to work and it said something to the effect that I should reboot my phone after updating apps. I rebooted the phone and got the "Plug into iTunes".

I plugged into iTunes and in like three seconds it said my phone was activated and all was good.

Definitely a bug somewhere.

Steve

6. Blueravr macrumors member

I get that about once every week or two. It's a bug in the firmware. I just reboot the phone and then it says activated.