My iphone died!!?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by touchman, Jun 18, 2008.

1. touchman macrumors member

Hi everyone, earlier i picked up my iphone on my desk and pressed the sleep/awake button to wake her up and nothing happened, i tried the home button and still nothing, it just wouldn't wake up/ turn on, i thought it was dead i tried the home and power button recovery thing and the apple logo appeared which is great and it works fine right now but why would it just suddenly go dead like that, theres plenty of juice in it and its only 2 months old, no drops or anything, do you think it crashed and was stuck in a coma like situation? anyone else had this happen to them?

2. 7on macrumors 601

7on

Could be a glitch in the matrix.

Though I wouldn't think anything's wrong unless it keeps doing it. A sunspot may have hit it or some dark matter.

3. WishIWasHere macrumors regular

I've had the same kind of occasional freeze-ups. I love the way you refer to your phone as 'her', I understand...

4. StoneGaijin macrumors regular

that happens to every iPhone user from time to time, (and if they say it has never happened to them, they're lying)

that's what that reset is for.

5. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

Yeah, I have experienced this issue as well. Sometimes if you hit the sleep/wake button too quick or twice real quick, this happens... no big deal.

She's still alive!

6. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

that has happened to me about twice since February. Just reset.

7. MikeNemat macrumors regular

This would happen to me on my iPhone once or twice a month. It's sure better than the almost-daily resets I'd have to perform on my windows mobile PDAs and smartphones.