My iPhone drives me crazy!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BobHail, Sep 17, 2009.

1. BobHail macrumors 6502a

Because I can´t backup my iPhone 3G without deleting first the backup folder (library/Application Support/Mobile Sync/Backup). And then when I do that the backup takes about 4 FREAKING HOURS!!! :eek: Without deleting the backup folder first, it always gets stuck and never finishes.

I´m now trying to switch from the 3G to 3GS and I need to backup first all the data and I was nearly done (at over 3 hours) and then my mom calls! And after the call the backup got stuck!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!! I have to start again from the beginning! :mad:

THIS IS DRIVING ME INSANE!!!

2. samcraig macrumors P6

Perhaps you should turn the radio off while you backup so you don't get any calls...

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

AIRPLANE Mode perhaps? I'd give it a try; b/c my backups seem to take less than (5) minutes on my 32GB 3GS iPhone.....:eek:

4. BobHail thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes Airplane mode definetely next time!

Yes when I first got my iPhone, the backups didn´t take that long. I don´t understand what happened somewhere down the road. I have about 6-7 pages of apps and about 2 gigs of music synced and there´s 12G free in my 16GB iPhone, so I can´t understand this.

By the way, there´s about 13000 items in my backup folder and it takes about 1 second to add one item in there during backup!!! I have 3,06GHz iMac. How many items are in yours?

5. Greenman85 macrumors regular

weird

My backup takes about 30 seconds and I have 13 gigs of music on my iPhone.

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Sounds like you've messed up iTunes along the way. You might want to either reinstall it, or totally uninstall and reinstall. Also, right click on the iPhone in iTunes and reset warnings.

You can also see this thread (see post #18):

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=549798

Kind of drastic, but may work for you. 4 hours is ridiculous. You need to fix it.