Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Ah, yes. Another iPhone-in-the-toilet thread. And this one is ssoooo believable. Lucky for the OP that we are all responding, since a Search would have turned up nothing.:rolleyes: ;)

Digidesign

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2002
I saw OP clubbing last night and got a shot of him.

Salad_fingers.jpg

Looks like he's just fine after sucking out the toilet water.

melva

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2011
Slap it Harder

That's very strange. Slapping the iPhone usually makes it work- assuming you slapped it hard enough. I'm also assuming you used fried rice.

I don't have a url for the post, but I'm sure I read that it was easier to recover from a urinal drop than a comode or bidet. The best solution might be to get really drunk again and pretend your talking on a working phone.

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Oct 5, 2011
Orange County, California USA
I'm sucking the water out with my mouth right now and in the camara lens there is much less water. Should I put it in rice afterwars? Wait? Turn it on? pray?

But your sucking in Toilet Water from a Club, mind you, where people don't flush. And it's not even purified because of the small tofu particles floating around. I'd be more concern of your health, but then again, the alcohol kept you immune and nuked the bacteria. Geez, anything to bring life to that iphone I guess. What exactly does rice do to the iPhone when wet? What about the internals, does rice have the ability to draw out water from the insides? How is this possible?

Last edited:

Coley

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2011
CANADA
WHATEVER you do....DON'T put it in the microwave....
I saw someone do that....very dangerous apparently.

I've seriously heard people say putting it in an oven on low heat has actually worked though. I wouldn't have the guts. And I don't have the proper baking instructions to share with you offhand.

But yeah, if it got really hot and was on after being baptized, you're most likely out of luck there. I'm sorry for your loss...:(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.