My iphone flaws and returning it to the store questions.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphone.luke, Sep 21, 2008.

1. iphone.luke macrumors member

Well I have an 8gb Black iPhone 3g and have noticed quite a few flaws. I had the original 8gb and it was flawless, I actually wish I wouldn't have sold it....
    1) The black plastic is not flush with the crome and it raised up and feels sharp the the touch.
    2) 2x6 pixels are lighter than the rest on solid shades, they are all clumped together, very annoying...
    3) The iphone always freezes, I have tried restoring it, recovery mode restore, 2.1 update. When it does freeze, you cant hold the home button like normal, you have to hold the power and home button and let the whole phone restart.

I am going to take it back to the AT&T store that I bought it at and exchange it. Will I have to pay the 10% restocking fee?

Thanks, Luke.

2. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

No, restocking fee is for returns.

Exchanges are free cause they're covered under the warranty (unless you're not under the warranty anymore).

3. neesh0 macrumors 6502a

neesh0

as long as they see a good reason to exchange it they will give you one free of charge

4. iphone.luke thread starter macrumors member

I called down to the att store an they told me I can't exchange it there, only apple can.... There is no apple store here, this is some bull. I still have 5 out of the 30 day exchange period left. The sales associate contradicts what I read on att's website:

5. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

Print that out and carry it in!

6. iphone.luke thread starter macrumors member

I took it in, they didn't have any 8gbs or black 16gbs. So I paid the 19.90 restocking fee and the extra 100 and got a nice new shiney working phone with no problems so far. :D

7. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

you do know that exchange is FREE given valid reasons?