My iphone has SLOWED down is it because of apps?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lindsayanng, Jul 24, 2008.

1. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

Recently, i downloaded a FEW apps for my phone. I have a 2G iphone that i purchased back in April

I have Labrynth, ReQall, TapTap Revenge, AIM, T4Two, Shazam, and Light

They are pretty simple and small apps and i dont even USE them that much.. AND the Labrynth and T4Two was only added yesterday and this issue has been going on a tad longer (about 2-3 weeks)

So basically the phone is running REALLY slow. Typing texts and emails can be INSANELY annoying. I click a button and about 2 seconds later the key pops up. I can keep typing but it doesnt pop up instantly (sometimes)

there is also a LAG when i click on a contact. It takes another few seconds to actually get to the contact info.

Theres basically a lag in everything BUT the web browsing, which makes me thing it is the actual OS getting bogged down.

Is there any truth to my idea that the apps i have are slowing it down?? What about you ppeople who have 50 apps on ther phone?

Should i bring it in to get looked at? or is this what happens over time??

2. icewing macrumors 6502

3. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5A347 Safari/525.20)

You said this has been going on for 2-3 weeks, so I'm assuming that it was doing this before the 2.0 software update since it is not even 2 weeks old yet. That being said, I would also assume that it is not the Apps doing it. I would try resetting it as previously mentioned by icewing by holding the power button and the home button down until you get the apple logo and letting it reboot. If that doesn't work I'd try a restore.

Hope this helps.

4. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

well, i am wrong then on my time frame, its probably more like 1 1/2 -2 weeks because it DEFINITELY didnt start happening until the new software came out. Its been a LONG month for me.. sorry..

I did do a reset, but i do not want to restore because i have a BUNCH of stuff in ther and settings just the way i wanted..

I read something about the "other" MB that shows up on the itunes and that it could possibly be "junk" files.. is there a way that someone at the apple store could "clean out" my phone??

I have done this with computers before, but with no real acess to the file storage system, it would be impossible for me to do .

5. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

My original iPhone has slowed a tiny bit once 2.0 came out and I added a lot of apps but it really isnt that noticable

Now, my friends 3G phone is almost all full with music/apps/videos and hers is running as smooth as could be

6. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

so does anyone know if there is a way to "clean out" your iphone from little bits of maybe an app i deleted ??

7. Paix247 macrumors 6502

AppZapper for iPhone anyone? Apple has never been good about uninstalling things...

8. icewing macrumors 6502

Yeah...wish they were as good as M$oft about uninstalling things...:D

9. TGNman macrumors newbie

Mine seemed to slowing down just before the update. Now with the update and very few apps is painfull. All the time, typing, opening text or contacts its all slower. It sucks!

I wish we could find out more about what could make it slow like this.

Mark

10. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Do you TALK like this in PERSON?

11. ckeilah macrumors newbie

I have the SAME probLEM!

OnLy I tHiNk iT iS simPlY aNOthER caSe of aPPle HOSING their eStabLIshe usER base beCAUse thEy Are TOtallY foCUSSed on THe boTTOm Line (i.E. NEW CUSStomers). EvEry TimE I'vE haD aN aPPle ProDucT anD havE "up"GRAdeD the OS, iT HAs goTTen SLooooooooWER. TherEBY eSSenTiallY forCINg ME to BUY MorE of APPle's cråp. PerHAPs yOU haVE NOticed I aM NOT a HAppY apPLe CamPER toDAy, pARticuLarLY aftER a MonTH of BeING fraKKed over by At&Pple iPone asiNINE bS.

YeS I TaLK lIKe ThIs. sO SHovE iT In YouR EAR. :p

12. sesnir macrumors 6502

Grab one of these apps:

- Free Memory
    - iStat

And use it to free up some memory. You can also check out how much free memory you currently have so you can determine if that's what is causing the slowdown.

13. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

At least YOU could TRY to HELP or NOT bother to POST. :)

I have plenty of apps on my iPhone, and I've noticed no slowing down. I don't think it is the apps that are your problem, but I don't have all the apps you described. A restore is probably your best bet.

14. toughluck macrumors member

The Answer

Ya i had this problem. just do a restore, it has nothing to do with your apps. i had ten pages of apps and it worked fine i think its that 3.0 still has plenty of things to be worked out.

-toughluck