My iPhone hates me and my username

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wailord, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Wailord macrumors 6502

Just a little interesting tidbit- you can't type "Wailord" on an iPhone/iPod touch without typing Wailors/Wailorf and backspacing/re-typing...

2. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

Well sounds like you need a name change. If you really love your iphone you will conform to its likings.

3. maxxscholten macrumors regular

Weird, I just tried it -- it automatically makes you hit "s" or "f" no matter how firm you're hitting the "d" key.

Some guy had this problem with his girlfriend's name, Suyuki, or something (I really can't remember) about a week ago or so.

4. SmartIndianKid macrumors regular

SmartIndianKid

What website are you trying to log into?

I just tried replicating this on digg.com, and Wailord goes in just fine on the first try.

5. viggen61 macrumors 6502

I think the OP is referring to typing in e-mail or text. I'm pretty sure that the predictive typing isn't active when entering a website into Safari (THAT would be annoying...), or using a text box on a web page.

To the OP: this isn't new. Last year, Chief Twit Leo Laporte was complaining about the same thing when trying to type his name...

Some say that the more you type it in, eventually the software recognizes the word...

:apple::apple: