My iPhone is actually strong

leogurl86

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 10, 2014
Equador
I decided to buy an iPhone 5s at a very good discount rather than the 6. My friend bought hers and ya she tells me hers are bent. I guess I'll wait for the next iPhone before committing. I tried bending this phone and its actually very strong. I saw some videos on youtube saying that the iphone 5s is stronger; is this true?

saltd

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2010
Maybe. These new iphones aren't likely to be as stiff as the thicker and smaller 5S, because that's the compromise of having a lighter and thinner device. The people with bent phones aren't taking that into account.

The bending thing is absolutely avoidable if you take proper care of the phone. I loved my 5S, but the 6 plus is better in every way.

As long as you got a great deal on the 5S, that's cool. It's still a good phone.

kingofwale

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
I decided to buy an iPhone 5s at a very good discount rather than the 6. My friend bought hers and ya she tells me hers are bent. I guess I'll wait for the next iPhone before committing. I tried bending this phone and its actually very strong. I saw some videos on youtube saying that the iphone 5s is stronger; is this true?
yep. i have an iphone 5. and it is very strong.

in the mindless pursuit of "thin-ness". Ive forgot everything else. Steve Jobs would've never let this happen. ;)

Nolander07

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2012
The funny thing is that there were posts exactly the same as this when the 5 came out. Bent iPhone 5s everywhere- because they were too thin and too long. Does no one remember this? It's funny how those couple months of bent iPhone 5 threads have been long forgotten.
(Also, I had a 5 and 5S and they were both great phones and never bent)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.