My iPhone is constantly losing space!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by felixen, Mar 18, 2010.

1. felixen macrumors 6502a

I have a 32GB 3GS with 3.1.2 on it and it's jailbroken with blackrain. I never had any problems with it until today. Suddenly it started using up space automatically. I had maybe 200-300MB left. Then I suddenly get the pop-up saying I need to remove some videos or music because there's no space left.

Then I connect it to my iTunes, and I see the iPhone is just named "iPhone" - not the specific name that I've given it. I also notice a pop-up on my iPhone that says "iPhone activated" - never seen this message before.

Anyway, on the storage bar in iTunes it says I have 2GB free space. I'm thinking this is a glitch so I remove 700MB's worth of apps. When it's done syncing the storage bar says 700MB space left, and when I check on my iPhone it also says 700MB.

Then I leave the phone in my computer to go eat dinner, and 30 minutes later when I come back I get the same damn message saying I need to free up some space. I go to check how much space I have left (I use SBSettings - the one that let's you slide your finger across the status bar) and I see it says 700MB, then it updates to zero. What the hell??!

2. felixen thread starter macrumors 6502a

I guess that could be it. I deleted the rock file and am waiting for a sloooow reboot now. HOWEVER I did experience some weird stuff after my first post.

I tried connecting to iTunes again and now it wanted me to recover a itunes backup on my iPhone. I tried recovering a file from earlier today, but when it's nearly done it says that the iPhone was disconnected so the recover wasn't complete.

I still have all my apps and all the jailbreak stuff still works though.

I just recieved message from my dad, but when I tried to answer the SMS app crashed. Tried texting to others - app still crashed.

Then I tried opening Rock, but it shuts down again immediately.

Okay now the reboot is done and I have 1728MB on my phone. Time to check if all the above problems have been fixed.

Thanks for the link dude, I think it might have helped

Everything works fine now. This is bigger than the cure for aids

3. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

Ha, that's a warped way to look at it...