My iPhone is Dead!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by macswitcha2, Oct 4, 2009.

1. macswitcha2 macrumors 65816

Left home with a fully charged iPhone, got to my destination and saw my phone was off, when I attempted to turn it on, it did not turn on, I thought maybe it needed a charge, so I trued charging it and nothing. I got home and plugged it into my iMac and nothing. Its dead!!!

I scheduled a genius bar meeting tomorrow. What should I expect? I am still under warranty.

2. macswitcha2 thread starter macrumors 65816

Ok

This is strange, after yesterday trying everything to get my iPhone to work, plugging it, trying to reset it, etc, today I plug it in and it started to charge revealing that the battery was drained.

I scheduled and appointment with the Genius bar later on today and wonder if i should still go because prior to my iPhone going dead on me, the battery bar was full.

Anyone ever had this issue?

3. Tal Ormanda macrumors newbie

Take it in anyway and tell them what happened and they should check to see if there is something wrong with it.

4. Gen macrumors 6502a

Gen

Same thing JUST happened to mine.

Sent a few texts and went to take a shower, came back out and phone wouldn't turn on - or respond in any way. Even tried to sync/charge and nothing.

Is there anything that I can do?

5. macswitcha2 thread starter macrumors 65816

Did you try re-set it?

6. Gen macrumors 6502a

Gen

Nothing responds. I tried to sync it to my itunes and it doesn't show up.

edit: it just started to sync after like 45 minutes of not responding to anything. that was strange!

7. jwilkinson84 macrumors newbie

jwilkinson84

8. macswitcha2 thread starter macrumors 65816

Now you should restore it. If you take it into Apple, that's what they will do.