My iPhone is dialing a mystery number

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Internaut, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Internaut macrumors 6502a

I only discovered this after getting a text from Orange thanking me for using Orange Data and giving me my data number (an old fashioned mobile phone number for dial up data)...... When I phoned Orange, they didn't see anything particularly untoward but they did notice an occasional call to a number that doesn't appear in my phone's history.

It is 8009011001. The call length is always zero with a call cost of 0.085 pence. Is anyone here familiar with this number? I've Googled it and found nothing.

I think I might have picked up a bit of a rogue app but I haven't exactly downloaded anything dodgy looking from the App Store (the Apps I use the most are Tweetie, Facebook, The Guardian, The Telegraph and occasionally, a checkers game I downloaded.....

2. Bowlerguy10 macrumors 6502

The last update actually added Steve Job's bathroom line, for when you're really in a jam.

3. whitebook macrumors regular

4. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

5. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

Worth removing all non-native apps, doing a restore, and then adding apps one at a time until you find the one that's causing the problem?

6. 624 macrumors newbie

Do you have text notifications of emails to your hotmail account? I believe this number is the text alert from Hotmail and that is what is costing you money each time.