My iPhone is getting stuck for a few seconds everytime I do something, if i type a l

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Kindness, May 7, 2011.

1. Kindness macrumors newbie

My iPhone is getting stuck for a few seconds everytime I do something, if i type a letter it will type it twice or a few times, if i click to close the browser it stucks there for a few seconds before closing, if i try to open some app it gets stuck there.

I have restored it and loaded the backed up material again. But this problem doesnt seem to go away. Sometimes it is too much sometimes it is not noticeable, so what exactly could be wrong and what ALL should I do to get it fixed? Please reply.

2. alox macrumors member

what version of firmware are you using? and are you jailbreakin' it?

3. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

Unless you can find whats hanging in the background hogging resources it sounds like a canidate for a restore as new. Your battery life cant be good that way either.

4. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Are you restoring with the same backup? If you are, try restoring your iPhone again, but set it up as a new phone.

5. Kindness thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you very much for the reply. Yes the problem seems to go away when I do a new phone restore but seems to come back again when i do a restore from the backup. The problem is that a new phone restore means I lose all my contacts, texts etc.

I really don't want to lose all that hundreds of phone numbers and text messages stored. Kindly help me out on how I can fix it without losing the important stuff. I am not worried about apps as they can be downloaded for free again.

And no the phone is not jailbroken and i am using the latest firmware on 3GS.

6. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

Duplicat threads merged. Please create only one thread per topic.