my iPhone is hot...and is now dead

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by joseph1313, Feb 21, 2008.

1. joseph1313 macrumors member

well ive been having problems all day with my iphone. And as it was charing the screen was flashing white screeen apple logo jus all nuts. When i took it off charger and tryed to turn it on it didnt. No response to it at all. And the back of it is extremely hot. I guess my phone is dead any ideas?

2. California macrumors 68040

California

What kind of charger was it?

3. joseph1313 thread starter macrumors member

it was plugged into the wall charger.

nobody has any ideas?

4. MM07 macrumors 6502a

Can you take it to an Apple store and have it replaced?

How long have you had it?

5. joseph1313 thread starter macrumors member

well my phone was uhm unlocked illegialy i should say and it was bought from a friend for a lesser price. so if i acted as the kid name wise couldnt they just give me a new one?

6. dsgalit macrumors member

revirginize it then restore it to 1.1.3 and then bring it to a apple store
    ;)

7. joseph1313 thread starter macrumors member

i would be able to do that but the problem is that my phone does not turn on nor respond to anything. Its literrarly burned. Its rediculously hot in the back for a while now and im guesinng the battery is dead for good or the phone.

8. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

My iPhone gets hot...

when I change the "auto-lock" from 1 minute to 3 minutes - Never. I usually do that when I'm using the Google Map App. Even when you are charging your iPhone, you need to remember that it will run HOT if you are using auto-lock at 3 minutes or higher. Your situation requires a visit to the nearest Apple Store. :cool:

9. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

You can certainly try.

Or you can ask your friend why he sold you a bad phone.

That way you find out two things for the price of one:

1) what's up with your phone

2) how good a friend he really is

10. Akitakoi macrumors regular

Akitakoi

So, your iphone is Hot,,, really HOT!;);)

11. EvryDayImShufln macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

..anyway, this happened to a friend of mine. Call apple, tell them your phone is fried, you could even say you hadnt gotten a chance to activate it (but make SURE that it wont turn on at all! because if it does for them, you're screwed!). You can make an appointment to speak to a genius at the store, and they will replace it for you after trying to boot it up (which shouldnt work for them either, since they're not magicians and can't revive a broken phone).

THey'll probably give you a refurbished one, but it will look brand new as far as you're concerned.

12. mlg32 macrumors member

my reply is missing?

why is my reply to this scumbag removed from this thread?
    people like this trying to sell broken iphones need to be revealed to everyone.

13. joseph1313 thread starter macrumors member

great idea but arent they goin to see when they run the serial number that im not who bought it and the phone was sold to me from another guy. Im not that guy and stuff. And if the guy got in july arent they gunna be y didnt u activate for so long?

14. m477h3w macrumors 6502

This stinks of being nicked. If it was then all I can say is you got what you deserve. If it wasn't then I apologise for jumping to conclusions. Only you know which is true.

15. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

The phone is hot because it's been on. That happens when you screwed up something. I fixed one of those but took a long time.

You probably should go to craigslist.org and find a local iphone unlocker / fixer. Unless you are near d.c., then contact me.

But if it's charged and cannot turn on, then it might be hardware damage, that is something probably only Apple can fix.

16. California macrumors 68040

California

Just take your chances with Apple. The worst they can tell you is they won't replace it. It's under a year warranty. If they can't help you, take it to an unlocker fixer guy off Craigslist as suggested.

17. PatrickRolfsen macrumors regular

PatrickRolfsen

I don't think this guy is the scumbag in this situation- and they guy that sold it to him likely isn't on here.... so that would just reveal some random guy that we know nothing about therefore leading us nowhere.:p