My Iphone is stuck on apple screen and keeps resetting.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jasjw, Mar 28, 2013.

1. jasjw macrumors newbie

Hi

My mate gave me his Iphone to fix as I am normally good with these things but this one has me beat.

Its stuck on the Apple Logo screen and it intermittently resets.

The PC or Itunes doesn't pick it up.

I've tried putting in DFU mode, Tried Hard resetting and tried turning off just using the Power button. Nothing worked. I can't even turn the phone off. When it resets its self its blacked out for just half a second then boots the logo again.

I've tried recboot, Tiny Umbrella and redsnow to try and boot some life into it but still it stays on the apple screen.

Its seems to be looped into reset.

I've tried loads of times to enter DFU and to turn the phone off etc but no luck.

I've tried different cables, USBs ports (and I no they all work) but nothing.

I appreciate brains on this one.

Cheer
    Jas

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

My guess is that it is an iphone 3GS with the ipad baseband installed.
    Unless my crystal ball is off you want to give us some further info?
    What model iphone, firmware version, modem firmware installed, was it unlocked to be used on another carrier etc....

3. jasjw thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry all I know is its a Iphone 3G 8GB. My mate got it off ebay in this state.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That might also have the ipad bb installed.
    Try using redsnow to downgrade the baseband and then restore it again.
    There's a lot of steps and a few programs and ipsw files you will need so research and learn it before you attempt anything.

5. jasjw thread starter macrumors newbie

6. jasjw thread starter macrumors newbie

No luck. I've tried downgrading the Baseband following this guide http://www.whited00r.com/tutorial-downgrade3g

but redsnow just says cannot detect device.

I can't actually turn the phone off so i tried getting to DFU mode in redsnow but it just doesn't pick the phone up.