My iPhone Just Crashed/Erased Itself! What?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by TheSpaz, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

What the heck!?!?!

Okay, so I was just sitting here working when all of a sudden my iPhone blinked on with a white screen. Then it sat there for a few seconds on white and then it shut off.

When it came back on again I saw an Apple logo with a progress bar. I thought... okay, my iPhone crashed and now it's starting back up.

However, when it finished starting back up, I have the connect to iTunes and Emergency Call screen!!!

This SUCKS because I am expecting a call sometime today and I really need my phone to be working.

This just happened a few minutes ago. As some of you know, I was running 2.2.1.

Edit: iTunes won't respond when I plug my iPhone in.

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Kind of a bad title. Your iPhone didn't erase itself. Try getting it into DFU mode.

BTW, are you jailbroke?

3. TheSpaz thread starter macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I am not jailbroken.

I just plugged it into iTunes and iTunes just freezes with a spinning beach ball (I'm on Tiger on a PowerMac G5).

I'm gonna try DFU. This has never happened before. It's making me nervous.

4. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

It might be a bug from 2.2.1 or from upgrading to a 3.x version and then downgrading again. That's why the rest of the world runs on a 3.1.x version. Put it into DFU mode and restore in iTunes and you will be fine.

5. TheSpaz thread starter macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Okay, I pulled out the SIM card and it immediately went to my home screen. All of my apps are there and music and stuff.

WHAT!

As soon as I put my SIM card back in, it locks me back out. I'm using a go-phone SIM from AT&T and it has always worked.

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Are you doing an April Fools joke on us?

7. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

The problem absolutely positively CANNOT be the SIM card then. Hmm...I'll pick my brain for the next few hours and see if I can come up with what the problem could be.

8. TheSpaz thread starter macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Yes. :D

Don't waste your time. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.