Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

My iPhone Keeps disconnecting from the Internet on my Router

Alvi

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 31, 2008
Mars
Hi guys, I have an iOS4.0 3GS iPhone that keeps dumping my internet connection, every time it connects it can make 2 - 5 Internet downloads/request (Like opening a website or reloading an app) and then it won't connect anymore, the single way to make it work again is turn off Wi-Fi and turn it on again, I am not sure if it's my iPhone or my router or both, It only happens with this router and it only happens with the iPhone on this router

Any Ideas? The router is a Belkin F6D4230-4 N150

calb

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2009
UK
Reset your router, remove it from your iPhone's saved networks then re-add. My iPhone and iPod touch were fine with iOS 4, but 4.0.1 caused my dad's 3G to hate our router. The steps I just listed have it working perfectly fine now.

Comment

Alvi

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 31, 2008
Mars
Reset your router, remove it from your iPhone's saved networks then re-add. My iPhone and iPod touch were fine with iOS 4, but 4.0.1 caused my dad's 3G to hate our router. The steps I just listed have it working perfectly fine now.

Already Restarted my Router and I almost make my iPhone forget that network everytime it happens

Comment

calb

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2009
UK
Already Restarted my Router and I almost make my iPhone forget that network everytime it happens
So you remove it, re-search and re-enter the password? Did you restart the phone in between?

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.