My iPhone keeps restoring from back up!!!

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by shenfrey, Apr 5, 2014.

1. shenfrey macrumors 68000

Whenever I am connected via WiFi, my phone will be full of apps that are downloading. Pages worth! The only reason I started afresh to begin with was I had way too many apps on there and couldn't be bothered to go through each one and delete em.

I don't know why it keeps doing this, it started one day when I was having a conversation at Uni with some friends and I started fiddling with my phone without looking (don't ask why, I'm just one of those guys who fidgets), and I must of enabled something.

HELP lol

2. confucious macrumors 6502

Restore you phone and don't select 'restore from backup'

3. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

If you delete them from your iTunes account they won't download. Select the ones you don't want and delete them. That way iCloud will only download the apps you want.
    You have obviously got iCloud switched on and it will (obviously) download all your apps.

To remedy this you will have to let them all download, then delete them from your phone *or* let them all download, delete them from your iTunes account and then restore your phone again.
    To find them in iTunes you need to log into your account on a computer, select the App store and then find your 'purchased apps'. There you can delete the ones you don't want.

4. Arelunde macrumors 6502a

Arelunde

Another option is to do an iTunes backup (as compared to iCloud) and back up the apps as well as the settings. But make sure the apps that are on your phone are only the ones you want restored.

In iTunes, you can also select which apps are on your iPhone/iPad and which you don't want. They do an "update" and sync. At that point it would be a good time to backup settings AND apps for a future restore.