Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sdtexas4

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 1, 2008
I updated my phone to 3.1 like everyone else the other day. Ever sense then periodically my iphone shuts off and i have to hard boot it (press and hold the power and the home keys) to get it to turn on. Any ideas? And yes i've restored it to see if that would fix the problem.

mackmgg

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
Try DFU restoring it. If its not a 3GS try going back to 3.0. If neither of those work, your best bet is to bring it to apple

phillipjfry

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2006
Peace in Plainfield
OMG I have the EXACT same issue with my 3G
I'm going to let it happen one more time and I'm going to try and restore it.
I take it that other 3G people have had the same issue?

philmay123

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2009
My iphone keeps shutting down

Have the same problem with iphone 3G just shutting off. Had it the Apple store twice. The Genius was not able to fix it. Eventually got a new iphone 3G--but it happens with this one as well. Apple seems to know about this problem-but no one knows how to fix it. I wonder if the same problem occurs with the 3GS???

The Californian

macrumors 68040
Jan 17, 2009
Surfers Paradise
Have the same problem with iphone 3G just shutting off. Had it the Apple store twice. The Genius was not able to fix it. Eventually got a new iphone 3G--but it happens with this one as well. Apple seems to know about this problem-but no one knows how to fix it. I wonder if the same problem occurs with the 3GS???

They fixed it with the iPhone OS update ( 3.1.2 ) which was released on Thursday.

shampain

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2010
3g too

They fixed it with the iPhone OS update ( 3.1.2 ) which was released on Thursday.

yer i have the same problem n i have a 3G too, updating it to 3.1.2 does not fix the problem because i have 3.1.3 n still have the problem. hopefully the new 4.0 update will fix the damn prob

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.