My iPhone, Moment, or HERO???

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by veo321, Feb 3, 2010.

1. veo321 macrumors regular

veo321

Hi,

I currently posses a jailbroken iPhone with no plan :( because I have Sprint and when my upgrade comes I want to get the Moment or Hero, but I don't know if I should just get rid of my iPhone all together? The Moment and the Hero both are stuck on 1.6 :( and I need at least 2.0! Some reviews would be quite helpful!!! (Youtube, Article, IDC) My upgrade comes in June... and I really dont want the Hero because I need a keyboard!

Thanks in Advance,
    Chase

P.S. Can't leave Sprint [(Cheap Unlimited plan, great coverage, and so on (but they do have over-priced phones)] + stuck in family plan with aunt, uncle, and sister THEY NEED TO OFFER CHEAP *** COLLEGE STUDENT DISCOUNTS!

2. MacMini2009 macrumors 68000

MacMini2009

3. 1ofthedavids macrumors regular

There's no point in keeping an iPhone you can't use. It won't work on Sprint, and since you're not leaving them, might as well sell it and get some $ out of it.

Why do you "need" 2.0 and a keyboard? Both phones were planned to get OS updates, but afaik, they haven't gotten them yet. There's always rooting. I'd say, if you really "need" those things, either wait for a new Android phone to come to Sprint that has a keyboard and 2.0, or get the Moment and look into rooting it, since the Hero doesn't have a keyboard.

Also, to go along with MacMini2009, if you can live w/o a physical keyboard, the Hero is very nice, and Sense UI is gorgeous.

4. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

Sell your iPhone and use that cash to pay for your new phone. If not....donate it to one of your friend's upcoming bday :D

5. veo321 thread starter macrumors regular

veo321

IF I decideded to get rid of my iPhone what software would I use what about all those over priced iPhone apps? I managed to scramble together $150 (thought I didn't have it) so I think I will get the moment return it within 30 days if I don't like it and grab me a hero :) [UI sounds great + HTC layout]

6. MacMini2009 macrumors 68000

MacMini2009

The Sense UI is very nice. I think it is way better than the default Google UI.

7. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

SenseUI is the only nice thing about the Hero.

It is a slow device. The "multitasking" brings it to a halt, forcing you to restart it.

The marketplace leaves much to be desired.

I have been trying to hold out for 2.1, but I don't know if I can handle it anymore. I am not happy about my switch, but it is what it is. I will moving back to iPhone when the next one comes this summer.

8. XxEjGxX macrumors regular

the hero is pretty cool and i think android 2 is coming to it soon [​IMG]