My iPhone (original one) won't boot up at all

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ghalimacman, Oct 18, 2008.

1. ghalimacman macrumors newbie

My original edge iPhone stopped working this morning... I was playing Asphalt: elite racing when the app crashed, then brought me back to the home screen. I decided to shut down my iPhone and come back later. The iPhone took an awful long time to shut down (about 20 seconds). I came back 5 minutes later to find that my iPhone didn't want to boot up. When I press the power on/off button nothing happens... My iPhone is running the 2.1 firmware and I have jailbroken it to run on my local carrier here in Morocco. I don't have Applecare since I am in an unsupported country do if it's a hardware issue I am out of luck. I tried to connect it to my mac but it isn't even recognized by iTunes. I also have alot of apps on there so it might have affected my phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

2. neesh0 macrumors 6502a

neesh0

try plugging it in and see if it turns on, after that try a restore from DFU mode

3. ghalimacman thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I tried that it doesnt even get recognized by itunes, the screen stays black without change.

4. Pared macrumors 65816

Try plugging it in to a power source, not your computer. Let it charge. Sounds like the battery just died on you. I've seen it happen although on rare occasion.

5. ghalimacman thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I plugged it to the power oulet with no luck. The battery was at 75% when I shut it down, so it's probably not the battery.

6. Pared macrumors 65816

Just leave it plugged in for a bit.

If that doesn't help then you're SOL.

7. eviphone macrumors newbie

Reset rather than restart

You may have already done this but here goes.. assuming your iPhone is "on", try a reset.

How to reset:

1. Press and hold the power button at the top of the iPhone and the Home button beneath the screen at the same time.

2. After 5 seconds, it will ask if you want to power down. JUST IGNORE and keep holding down the two buttons.

3. After about 7 seconds, it will restart on its own (- actually reset.)

I've found this helps for a bunch of different iphone afflictions. maybe it'll help. Good luck.

8. ghalimacman thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks eviphone! It perfectly worked and I was able to restore and access my phone! Thanks again!