My iPhone purchase experience from Apple store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by /macuser, Sep 26, 2015.

1. /macuser macrumors member

I did not wait in line at ALL on launch day.

The Saturday after I just logged into Apple.com and reserved a 6s+ 128 SG from ATT from my local Apple store in Carlsbad.

I was able to reserve for 10 am. I was second in line there. I arrived around 9:30am.
    Signed up for Apple upgrade program no hassle in and out in about 15 minutes.

I gotta say this is a much better way to buy.

2. Rackness01 macrumors member

Consider yourself lucky. I did exactly what you did expecting a fast and smooth "reservation appointment "and was sadly mistaken. I arrived 10 min early for my "appointment " only to be promptly told to go stand in a very long line and then myself and the rest of the herd were moved to go stand in two different lines before being graced with a sales associate. That said I dealt with it and jumped through their hoops and left with a new phone. I did learn my lesson however and will never do it again. Preordered shipping from now on for me. I have not had an iPhone since the 4 and I forgot how insane the launches can be. While I did not have to sleep in a tent, 6 hours to buy a product is a bit much. Maybe next time I will catch a flight to Carlsbad pick up my phone and fly back in less time

3. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Glad to hear of other good experiences. 3:30 PM Saturday afternoon I made a 4 PM reservation for a Gold 6s Plus 128GB. Walked in at 4 (I'm in Oregon so no lines) and walked out about 12 minutes later. I also took advantage of the upgrade program.