My iPhone reception SUCKS!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DeuceDeuce, Apr 11, 2008.

1. DeuceDeuce macrumors 6502a

DeuceDeuce

I have had an iPhone since day one... In November I bought one for my wife and she asked if she could have mine since mine already had scratches on it and she said she rather have me with the new one since I cared more about it being blemish free. (Awesome wife huh?)

Anyways, the reception on that phone has sucked big time. I finally decided to make an appointment at the Apple store to see what they can do.

Any tips as to how I can get a refurb in place of it?

Example of poor reception - Today I was with the Wife, Mother, and my Father. We all have iPhones and mine was the only one that didnt have ANY reception at all. They all had at least 3 bars... Crap like this happens all the time, its really frustrating!

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Gawd, you're in San Dimas, CA and your reception is bad? My visits to West Covina, CA (just down the road from you) and I've always had Maximum Bars 24/7. I would take it to the nearest Apple Store and get a replacement iPhone. :cool:

3. mofolo macrumors newbie

Yeh i get the same problem.

I get phone cut offs- low reception and no service all the time :(
    i live in australia - so i can understand why it'd be so.

i read somewhere on the net that re-aligning your SIM card in the card slot for maximum SIM chip contact increases reception.

Also - i restored my iphone and always make sure its charge more then 50%.

Good luck.

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

It probably wouldn't hurt to take a look at the AT&T coverage map on their website: att.com :cool:

5. JasonK macrumors member

It doesn't sound like that is the issue, I have had friends who have gone through the same problem. They :)apple:) will replace it for you, but you might have to send it in, not sure if they will do it in store.

6. DeuceDeuce thread starter macrumors 6502a

DeuceDeuce

Got the iPhone replaced although the Apple Store said it may be a sim card issue.

7. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Which Apple Store did you visit? :cool:

8. DeuceDeuce thread starter macrumors 6502a

DeuceDeuce

Brea, why?

9. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Just wondering where to send my brother and mom for new iPhones (they live in West Covina and Trabuco Canyon). Thanks. :cool:

10. Kblakeshot macrumors member

I would first off try and see if AT&T will give you a replacement

11. DeuceDeuce thread starter macrumors 6502a

DeuceDeuce

There is also one in Victorian Gardens and Pasadena.

12. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Thanks Double-"D" :cool:

13. Surely Guest

Surely

Proof is always a good thing. Why don't you take a photo of all 4 phones next to each other to show that yours has fewer bars than the others? I think that would be very helpful.

14. torid110 macrumors regular

Same exact thing happened to me. I have a 4GB iphone bought on launch day and my wife has an 8GB iphone bought when the price dropped. She has 5 bars where i have 1-2. I took it into the apple store (5th ave, NYC) which was no help because i had 5 bars when the genius looked at it. I then went via phone support and they sent me a replacement. After getting the replacement phone, i still had the same issues. I then called AT&T and asked to speak to someone in 2nd level support. They checked that my SIM card was provisioned properly, etc. which it was and suggested I call apple again. I did and they sent me yet another phone, but this time the reception is way better. Equal to that of my wife's phone. All 3 phones i got were on the same firmware, etc. So it just looks like the first 2 i got had problems. Just keep that in mind if you get a replacement and it's still bad.