My iPhone replacement story (Canada)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mcmanus7, Nov 3, 2008.

1. mcmanus7 macrumors 6502a

Alright I know everyone is mostly getting sick of hearing about these stories but I thought I would share with you guys a great experiance!!

On saturday my home button made a loud crunch/click sound... I feared the worste... I gingerly pressed it again... it got stuck under the glass... as this point I got a little panicked... called up my service provider... they said I could bring it in to them and they could send it for a replacement...

I decided that I would give my local apple store a call to see if they could help me out better then my service provider... sure enough the guy who answers says yep just make an appointment with a genius and we'll look at it...

So today comes... I pack up everything and head to the apple store... I'm helped instantly by a great employee! They immediately head into the back of the store... so I for some reason fear the dreaded white box special would be coming out.... I was wrong!!

What the employee comes out with is a slim black box... that simply has the silver lettering iPhone 3G. I inquire about if it's a referb or not and the employee mentions it does have the 5K serial number however re-assures me that it is in fact a new iPhone...

I accept it and head home.... when I get home I do a thorough inspection...
    no light leakage, buttons are all 100%, no photos, no contacts, usage = 0 minutes.... somethings I notice.. this phone seems to run faster then my original...

2. daisuke07 macrumors regular

3. spikedfo macrumors regular

4. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

Nice that you got with with no defects. Kinda rare lately...