my iphone shutoff!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rbailer, Jul 11, 2007.

1. rbailer macrumors newbie

I am at work right now and I was listing to some music on my iphone when it suddenly shutoff and won't turn back on anymore. The phone is not responding to any button pushes and appears to be completely dead. I had almost a full battery... I don't have a cord to plug it in right now, but maybe this is a battery issue somehow? Does anybody have any ideas?

2. Me1000 macrumors 68000

Me1000

hold the home button and the sleep button at the same time for about 10 seconds, if that doesn't do it take it home and reset it...
    :)

3. rbailer thread starter macrumors newbie

yayyyyy that worked! Is that a common occurance though with the iphone just shutting off like that?

4. Me1000 macrumors 68000

Me1000

not that I know of,

but if it keeps happening get it exchanged.

5. damado macrumors 6502

Same thing happened to me. But I think maybe it was because when I pushed it into my holster I used the sleep button to push it down (which would turn it off after a couple of seconds of pressure).

I'm not sure if that was it or if this is a symptom iphones just have. If it is, hopefully there will be a fix soon.

6. yaya1985 macrumors newbie

i love u me1000..... lol i had the same problem.... my screen was off but my phone was receiving calls and texts lol so weird but i did what you told damado to do and it worked....thank u...

7. jamie92104 macrumors newbie

Best Course of Action

I had this issue after getting the update for 3.1 After going to the MAC store they just replaced it with a new phone for me in the store. I asked him why this is happening. He stated that it's either a Firmware or Software problem and make sure I'm satisfied and to not waste anymore of my time he'd rather just give me a new phone. You'll need to sign some papers but other than that they are very good about getting this taken care of for you, they'll even update the phone in their store to 3.1 for you.

8. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Ahaahha. The genius restored my phone to 3.1 and 20 MINUTES later it shut down. Its all a matter of luck...

9. scionfriar macrumors member

If you get a replacement phone from the Apple store, for the iPhone "coma" problem you should NOT update it to 3.1, even if they offer to do it for you.

10. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Exactly. I got a replacement 3.0.1 and i am not upgrading. Period.

11. philmay123 macrumors newbie

my iphone shutoff

I have the same problem with my iphone 3G. Apple replaced the phone-but unfortunately the same problem occurs with the new one as well.
    This seems to be a common problem-I believe Apple realizes this, but they have no explanation at the present time (October 2009). I wonder if this happens with the 3GS?????????

12. dropn1s macrumors newbie

13. michaelmanila macrumors newbie

3gs version 3.1.2

it just happen to my iphone 3gs only now... my software version is 3.1.2

its good thing i found this Mac Forum. I was a disappointed because my iPhone is new and this happened. I hope APPLE should do something about this.

14. jyanksmsu macrumors newbie

Thanks for the info! My phone was stuck as well.

15. slick773 macrumors newbie

My phone did it twice already. I have 3g with unlocked 3.0 firemware..

16. Jimz macrumors newbie

I registered to this forum just to say Thank you!!! :)
    Mine got stuck as well.