Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

XenNightz

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2005
Alright, this is weird. So I was dragging some .png files over from this new dialer theme to mobilephone.app. Everything's cool. Restart. Top left corner where the signal bars should be says "iPod" The entire phone has morphed into an iPod touch! It's freakin me out! :eek: When it rains it freakin pours. The connector that connects the cable to the iPhone doesn't work. I dont know if the pins inside got messed up or what. So now I can't even connect the bitch. AAAahhh!!

So um, why does my iPhone think it's an iPod Touch?:confused:

XenNightz

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2005
Only reason that I can think of is that you have the iPod touch firmware on it. Bad. And if the dock-USB connector doesn't work, very bad.

Wow, that was fast :)

Nah, the firmware was 1.1.2. I don't understand what happened. Everything was fine before I moved over these files to mobilephone.app. I think I screwed mobilephone.app up and now since something is messed up it thinks it's an iPod. Do you know where I can download the original mobilephone.app?

ajl917

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2007
Personally, I would reccommend just restoring to 1.1.4 and using ZiPhone, because I doubt anyone would post their Phone.app just incase it has some personal info...

LukeHarrison

macrumors 6502
May 11, 2007
Personally, I would reccommend just restoring to 1.1.4 and using ZiPhone, because I doubt anyone would post their Phone.app just incase it has some personal info...

He says that his dock connector doesn't work however, and so wants phone.app so he can SSH it over (I think)

XenNightz

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2005
Ok guys, I bought a new connector (an iPod one but it works) then I updated to 1.1.4. I think that was the wrong move because I didnt see any of my contacts nor pictures nor anything! Now I restarted the phone and I have the connect to iTunes icon so I gotta jailbreak it.

So, two questions. Are my contacts, pictures, etc., lost forever? And where can I download ZiPhone for OS X??

thanks!!

swoosh0217

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2007
NW
Ok guys, I bought a new connector (an iPod one but it works) then I updated to 1.1.4. I think that was the wrong move because I didnt see any of my contacts nor pictures nor anything! Now I restarted the phone and I have the connect to iTunes icon so I gotta jailbreak it.

So, two questions. Are my contacts, pictures, etc., lost forever? And where can I download ZiPhone for OS X??

thanks!!

If you did not sync your contacts thru Itunes,yahoo or outlook then you lost all your contacts and have to start over. as far as jailbreaking and your a Mac user, just do a search and use "Independence" very similar to Ziphone. Goodluck!

XenNightz

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2005
If you did not sync your contacts thru Itunes,yahoo or outlook then you lost all your contacts and have to start over. as far as jailbreaking and your a Mac user, just do a search and use "Independence" very similar to Ziphone. Goodluck!

Got both of those programs. Wasn't sure if iTunes backed up my contacts but I just downgraded to 1.1.3 and after jailbrakin it and starting up itunes it asked if i wanted to restore the phone to the last backup! i said yes and here we are! all contacts and everything intact!!! damn. 7 days of freakin out and i figure it all out when i give up. thanks though!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.