My iPhone tried to kill me

Nahmeanz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2007
I carry my iPhone in my pocket naked. When reaching into my pocket to get it out, the headphone jack is so sharp that it sliced a pretty good chunk off of my middle finger.

juanster

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2007
toronto
hmm seems liek appple does this on purpose,, i sliced my thumb with my macbooks palm "rest" area sharp edge....

medea

macrumors 68030
Aug 4, 2002
Madison, Wi
sure it was the heroin needle in your pocket?

I kid.

but after inspecting my iPhone I really don't understand how you could have hurt yourself with it.

Rooskibar03

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2007
State of Denial
actually if you run your finger over the jack and down towards the back of the phone the rear edge of the hole is somewhat sharp.

I can see how the OP could have caught his finger on it.

Nahmeanz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2007
the backside of the headphone jack on my phone is rather sharp. i can probably sharpen a pencil with it

PupnTaco

macrumors regular
May 29, 2007
I carry mine head-down, screen facing in so when I take it out to answer a call, it's in the proper orientation. And I still have all my fingers...

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
I believe the OP. Just minutes ago, opening my MBP as I sat on the deck in shorts with it on my lap, the lid caught the fleshy part* of my inner thigh as I opened it and gave me quite a pinch.

I think Apple is out to maim its customers. I blame Ive. Sure, the designs are pretty. They're also deadly, and I wish more people would mention this.

* which, nowadays, is any part of my body.

Peace

macrumors Core
Apr 1, 2005
Space--The ONLY Frontier
I've been carrying my iPhone around in my pocket almost every day since day one and it's never done that to me.

If it really concerns the OP I'll gladly take it.:)

WillJS

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2007
Here's an idea:

Flip the iPhone where the headphone port is facing the bottom of your pocket. ;)