My iphone was stolen, any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by whitney1313, Jun 14, 2008.

1. whitney1313 macrumors newbie

I was on a flight yesterday and somehow lost my phone. It was off for the first several hours but whoever has it has turned it on will not answer...obviously. Is there anyway to track it, even if they do eventually reply to my voice mails or text messages?
    I don't know weather to cancel my account or hope they reply. Any suggestions? Is there any way at&t could find if for me?

2. semperfimarine2 macrumors regular

semperfimarine2

sorry to say this to you buddy, but you won't be getting it back.

i know it's bad news to your already worse news, but it happened to me and i never got it back.

one plus about it is, now you have a reason to get the 3g iPhone

that's my plan:D

good luck, with whatever happens

3. Crawn2003 macrumors 6502

First off, you'll never see it again. I highly doubt someone will turn it in. Especially if it's been turned back on and is receiving calls.

If I were faced with this situation, this is what I would do.

Call AT&T and put a hold on your account and let them know your phone was stolen. Who knows how many TXT messages they may be sending out or calls that may be charged to your account. The last thing you want to do is pay for things they are doing on it. This also stops them from making and receiving calls.

Did you happen to EVER access banking information or stored any type of personal data on the iPhone? Some people could, and would, take this information and create an idenitity. With that they could get credit cards, etc. and ruin your credit.

Also, let your contacts that you know are in your phone that the phone was stolen. It's just a courtesy to them in case they start getting phone calls from said theif.

Now most of these are the extremes but possibilities. I'm just trying to help, not freak you out.

Sorry you lost your phone but look at it this way, that 3G iPhone is freaking awesome and was cheaper than what you paid for your now stolen one.

Crawn