My Iphone went swimming on Splash Mountain !

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Beaner, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Beaner macrumors newbie

Oh dear guys today at Disneyland CA, my Iphone got drowned on Splash mountain. I thought it would be safe in my wifes, water resistant sealed hand bag, however at one point apparently her bag got fully submerged by a large wave. Again that would seem OK, however a tiny pool of water gathered at the bottom of her bag and my Iphone was sitting right in it.

Since then it is dead :( Of course everything else in the bag was fine. Camera, crappy 50 buck motorola fone, all sorts of other things. Just my Iphone :mad:

So apart from the sob I came to ask for opinions. I obviously need a new phone of some description. Claiming warranty etc is not an option, the Iphone was not originally purchased in the US

Should I buy another Iphone tomorrow, knowing that a new model is probably on the way and I am the kinda person that would likely buy the new model no matter what on day one. I could always Ebay whatever I buy tomorrow should the new model come soon.

Or should I just buy some crappy random fone and hold on till the new Iphone is released.

I am kinda leaning towards my first option, but were interested in others opinions.

Thanks guys.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Thats why I always pop my sim out and take my old crappy motorola cell when going to the beach or pool parties etc.....
    That sucks :(
    I'd hold off for a few month if you can resist till the new model comes out.

3. Beaner thread starter macrumors newbie

I'll definitely admit, that is likely the more sensible option. However i can't imagine using a crap normal fone for a month :p

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I hear that.
    After using the iPhone for months it just sucks using regural cellphones :D

5. Beaner thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess on a related topic, how easy are Iphones to come across nowdays ?

Are they in stock at local Apple Stores and also can you just rock in with cash and buy one. Do they do any checks to ensure you are going to activate it ?

6. f1 macrumors 6502

They aren't as strict as they used to be. Before you MUST pay for your iPhone with a credit/debit card. NO EXCEPTIONS. Now you are able to buy iPhones with a gift card, so you could use cash and buy a gift card and purchase an iPhone. And no the store has nothing to do with activation, itz just like buying an iPod or anything else at the apple store but YOU MUST PAY ELECTRONICALLY.

7. Beaner thread starter macrumors newbie

Do you reckon that needs to be a US Debit/Credit card.

8. geekmommy4 macrumors 6502

geekmommy4

May I just say...Ziploc snack bags! I know that it won't help you with this one, but next time! Might be tacky looking, but easy and effective!

9. Beaner thread starter macrumors newbie

Just to end this off, I went and got a new Iphone from South Coast Plaza yesterday - 16 gig. And LOL this time I also got a case for it.

Lets just hope whatever apple releases doesn't render this worthless on ebay :D

10. Silverbird0000 macrumors 6502a

I use ziplock bags aswell!! I use them at the beach to prevent sand from getting in it and I use them at theme parks in addition to my Contour Showcase.

11. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

If you're an iPhone owner already, you shouldn't have a problem. Of course, unless it was unlocked and jailbroken. :(

12. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

And always double up, facing 2 ways. :p

13. Templex macrumors regular

Ouch, sorry to hear that. :(

I rode that with my unprotected iPhone in my pocket three or four times a few months ago just fine, that's some bad luck.

That reminds me, I should get a cheap $20 cell phone for theme parks and such.

14. Shackler macrumors 6502a

Shackler

wow this is genius. many people have probably thought of this before but it never occured to me.