My iPhone will not boot. It's stuck on the Apple logo.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lmasterz, Aug 14, 2016.

1. lmasterz macrumors newbie

(This is supposed to be in the troubleshooting section - apologies)

My iPhone 6 was on 1% battery, plugged it in charger, a few seconds later it crashed. The Apple logo came on. The logo stays there for a while then turns off, it does not loop. I even timed it. When I turn on the phone, Apple logo stays on for 2 min 35 secs until the phone turns off. I tried a hard reboot, still no luck.

I’m using a jailbroken iOS 9.1 I had a similar problem 6 month ago, but it kept looping, and I was able to simple solve the problem using the No substrate mode by using the volume button. Now that's not working so I do not think it's a jailbroken iPhone issue. Also, I haven't installed any tweaks recently.

2. StarkCity macrumors 6502a

StarkCity

Try to put it in DFU mode and restore it to 9.3.3 ( you'll need the file ) and rejailbreak.

3. lmasterz thread starter macrumors newbie

I can't. My laptop/iTunes does not detect a phone is connected.

4. StarkCity macrumors 6502a

StarkCity

I had a similar problem back on an older firmware. While plugged in, I continued to try the DFU button combo, it took more than a few times but it eventually recognized it.

5. lmasterz thread starter macrumors newbie

That will pretty much bring it back to how it is originally (i.e. empty). Given that I have done my last back more than 6 month ago, I'm screwed - correct?

6. StarkCity macrumors 6502a

StarkCity

Correct, you'll have an option to restore to that backup. But, in order for you to re-jailbreak, you'll need to download and manually restore to 9.3.3.

I would plan on starting over new. Old back up data may cause the original problem to reoccur

7. lmasterz thread starter macrumors newbie

Can it be a hardware issue? For instance the logic board? And assuming it is, if replaced, will everything be back to normal? Or is it at a point where there is no way of getting my information back (unless it was backed up recently)?

8. StarkCity macrumors 6502a

StarkCity

Doubtful. Replacement of hardware would result in the need to update the device. The chances of retaining this data you're concerned about are slim to none if you haven't backed up and you're stuck in a boot loop.

9. lmasterz thread starter macrumors newbie

As mentioned, I'm not in a boot loop, which is why it's peculiar. Once I turn it on, it takes 2 mins 35 seconds to turn back off. Thanks for your input though.

10. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

Yep. AFAIK, there is nothing you could do to retrieve the data.

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Your guess is as good as anyone's.
    Next time do some periodic backups.