My iPhone will not match number and contact

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dirgardare, Feb 15, 2010.

1. dirgardare macrumors newbie

I haven't transfered all my contacts to my new iPhone yet, and when someone calls me, my phone puts two zeroes in front of the number shown.
    I.e. a number like 08-123456, turns up like 00 08123456.

OK, so far so "good". *BUT* I've tried to add a contact with the following two numbers: +468123456 and 00468123456 (since I'm from Sweden with country code 46 and the first zero is removed from the area code).
    So, what happens when that number calls? Well, my stupid phone still doesn't recognize it and shows 00 08123456.
    If I let the contact have the number 00 08123456, it works. But then I can't call that contact when I'm abroad. And that really sucks. I'm not outside Sweden all the time but when I am, I don't want to change all the numbers I might call on my trip.

I'd appreciate any help on this. I really hope I've missed something obvious :)

BTW, I have an iPhone 3GS, bought in late January (if that makes any difference).

2. dirgardare thread starter macrumors newbie

I think I've found the answer.

My work uses the Swedish telephone company Telia's so called Centrex exchange. Because then all the employees can call a three digit number to eachother for free and others can call a lokal number which is cheaper than calling the mobile number.

So what happens? Well when i call the lokal number then the Centrex adds the two leading zeroes (00), if I call my mobile number it all works fine.

3. Badfoot macrumors 6502

Can't you just add all combinations of the number to your contact?