My iPhone will not remember my network

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by c073186, Sep 4, 2009.

1. c073186 macrumors 6502a

I have a home network set up so that it is hidden and you have to manually join. Even after doing so on my iPhone, it will not remember the network. I have to manually enter the name/password each time to get it to connect. Isn't there some way to make it automatically connect/remember my network?

2. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

Maybe try "renewing" your network subscription.

Just click on the network inside the wifi settings, scroll down and select renew.

It might help, hope it works for you!

3. FXT 1 macrumors 6502

Also, check your router settings and see how it handles each device. Does this happen with any other WiFi enabled devices?

4. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

Yeah, I agree with this.

Check your router settings and reboot it possibly. Maybe check for a firmware update on it while you're there.

5. muledogus macrumors 6502

I thought I had this problem too and was doing what you explained. Just wait a few seconds after you enable wifi and it will connect to your network. You won't see your network name until it connects so it makes it seem like it's not doing anything but it is. Try that out.

6. c073186 thread starter macrumors 6502a

My computers remember it just fine. It is a Time Capsule. On the Time Capsule, I have the "private" network option enabled so that the network does not show up in your choices and you have to enter it manually. But my iPhone will not remember it.

7. jca488 macrumors newbie

ok, so i had this problem and couldnt find any info for the longest time
    I followed these instructions and it works now!!!!

http://discussions.apple.com/thread....sageID=9871617

main thing is,
    forget the networks both on iphone and mac
    restart your router. be it an airport, let the light go green.
    then add it right after your router's light goes green. (or your other router's wifi light goes on)

easy as that

8. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

fyi, your link is bad.

9. TomGolden macrumors member

TomGolden

My wife's brand new 3GS would not remain connected to our home wireless LAN for more than about 10 seconds. Mine has worked flawlessly since I got it when the 3GS came out last summer.

I fiddled with the phone for a bit, then found an option/button to "Forget this network" in the Settings / WiFi section. I clicked on it, then manually entered our Wireless LAN info again, and now it works perfectly as expected.

Incidentally, my 3GS would not connect to our wireless LAN at my work at all until I tried the same thing I just described, and now it connects to my work WLAN perfectly as well.